Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jkkool

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2010
On my MBP whenever i receive a call on my iPhone from any of my contact it shows the name, but on my iMac it just shows the number not the names, is there any Fix for it, or i did some different settings on both machines :confused:

jonbravo77

macrumors 65816
Feb 20, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
On my MBP whenever i receive a call on my iPhone from any of my contact it shows the name, but on my iMac it just shows the number not the names, is there any Fix for it, or i did some different settings on both machines :confused:

Sounds like you don't have those contacts in your Contacts app on the iMac. Continuity is working properly, it's handing off the call from your iPhone but it's looking for the associated contact on your iMac.

jkkool

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2010
Sounds like you don't have those contacts in your Contacts app on the iMac. Continuity is working properly, it's handing off the call from your iPhone but it's looking for the associated contact on your iMac.

no i have been using this new iMac with my iCloud ID and used to access contacts from my mail, so this is out of question, any other thing you think.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.