Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

syedtouqiralam

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2014
The iPad tricks and tips thread

Mac Rumor Please guide me that how i delete down loaded photos from web ,which are save 3 timre some are 2 times in my iPad model A1475

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
Tried it on 5s iOS 8.1.3 with no luck :-( I didn't need it at the time but I wanted to try it just in case I might in the future. Think it needs the app to be stuck to work? :)

Gosh, I was really annoying about prepositions way back then. ;)

It still works for me, so I'm not sure what the issue is. Which app were you trying to close?

Batavian

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2011
iOS 8.2 introduced a new feature call Motion & Fitness. If you don't use this on your iPad, you can save some battery life by disabling it.

First, go to Settings
Then click on Privacy
Next click on Motion & Fitness
Finally, toggle Fitness Tracking to Off

ojai22

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2015
Stumped

Got a new iPad Air 2 about a week ago. Within hours of setting it up a message said an upgrade to 8.2 is available. I said yes, and it did it's thing. Today, another message - 8.3 is available. I said yes, but it presented an image of the cord to charge the battery with an arrow pointing to an iTunes icon. I couldn't get rid of it so hooked it up to my MacBook, which I bought in 2006, and is slowly losing it's strength.

Nothing in iTunes would let me click on it, but a box appeared that said this iPad must be restored for it to connect to iTunes. I don't know why it wanted to connect to iTunes. I don't want it connected to iTunes, or synchronized with my computer. But nothing else would let me click on it so I hit Restore. Immediately a box appeared that said one item was being downloaded and would take 2 hours, or words to that effect.

When it finished, the box returned that said Restore, and nothing else would work. So i unplugged it from the computer, but the image was still on the iPad. I held down the home button and on button for 10 seconds and it did disappear. For about one second. The Apple logo appeared and was gone immediately. I can't get rid of it and have no hair left to pull out. Please help. Thanks.

Ojai22

EDIT: April 13, 2015. Worked with Apple and got it straightened out.

Last edited:

DanielDD

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2013
Portugal
I don't know if this already been posted but this is a very useful tip for those who use their iPads to read in a very dark environment and are not satisfied with the minimum brightness available.

Go to settings > general > accessibility > zoom

Toggle on show controller
Choose full screen zoom in the zoom region option

Toggle on zoom, use three fingers to return zoom level to 1x
Open the controller on screen and click:

Choose filter > low light

Toggle off show controller.

You can now use the zoom accessibility to dim your screen.
Return to accessibility, and activate triple tap home button for Zoom. This way, when you want to dim your screen, you can use the triple tap to toggle it on... Use it again, and return to the normal brightness level

Reactions: grininja

Daich

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2015
I put a clip on the side of Apple Pencil.

Here is how.

12247089_10156225607540632_7555942324147624088_n.jpg

donnydark

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2015
Thailand
Great forum. My Air battery runs down, overnight. A check of battery function showed that Solitaire used 75% of battery power in the past 24 hours. Any advice, please? This has only started a week ago. Coincidentally, the only downloads in the past week was an iOS 9 upgrade.

Obba41

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2016
Joined today (Hello all), so I can put forward a suggestion to Apple.
I understand it might be considered naïve, but here we go...

I wish Apple would put a button (like a home button), that when pressed would lock the screen. I'm sick of handing the ipad to someone when showing photo's (or I have zoomed in on something), then as fingers touch (slip/slide off the bezel), the screen, it goes back - photo is no longer there and so on.

STxMacUser

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2008
Couple of questions about this tip.

1. Does she take the kids when she leaves?:D

2. Will she ask for the iPad as part if the divorce settlement?!! :eek:

So, if she agrees to take the kids and is NOT interested in taking the iPad as part of the divorce settlement, be BOLD and tell her that having sex with her is almost as good as having an iPad. :D

Reactions: Agile55

daniel1948

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2015
Spokane, WA
This morning my iPad Pro (big) was unresponsive. I googled it (from another computer of course) and found an article here on MacRumors. That suggested holding the Home and Power buttons both for 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears.

I did that and it fixed the problem.

Thanks, MacRumors!!!

FrisbeeK9

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2006
Not sure if the has been mentioned before. You can drag folders in to the dock not just apps works on iPhone and iPad. Pretty cool.

Reactions: Dekema2

harvest_close

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2015
Australia
Magnets and iPads
Due to the proximity of the power points do you think we need to protect iPads being charged against possible damage from Microwave and sound system magnets?

musaddiq0608

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2018
Any iOS device: Settings>Battery>Battery Percentage ON
This will give you remaining battery percentage next to the battery symbol.

Dear, I am asking about remaining battery charging Capacity i.e. battery life. It is not available in settings of ipad
[doublepost=1545983943][/doublepost]
Any iOS device: Settings>Battery>Battery Percentage ON
This will give you remaining battery percentage next to the battery symbol.

battery percentage is of course no problem.

benji888

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2006
United States
Dear, I am asking about remaining battery charging Capacity i.e. battery life. It is not available in settings of ipad
[doublepost=1545983943][/doublepost]

battery percentage is of course no problem.
Ah, you mean, like Battery Health with iPhones? Yeah, I don’t know why that’s not available on iPad.

You know how you can see how many charge cycles you’ve used, etc. in macOS? Maybe there’s some app that shows this or actual charge capacity? I’m not sure. There may be an app, someone else will have to chime in.

musaddiq0608

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2018
Ah, you mean, like Battery Health with iPhones? Yeah, I don’t know why that’s not available on iPad.

You know how you can see how many charge cycles you’ve used, etc. in macOS? Maybe there’s some app that shows this or actual charge capacity? I’m not sure. There may be an app, someone else will have to chime in.
YES there is a way to do it on Mac OS but unfortunately I do not have mac book

Macpiglet

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2019
England
Thanks for all the great tips! Here’s one I found on t’internet a few days ago.

How to send an email as a PDF to Notability, Local Storage or various other locations on the iPad.

1. Click on the email (I’ve tried Outlook and the Mail client that comes with iPad).
2. Go to the Print box.
3. In the Print box fully open the email with the ‘opening’ finger gesture (moving fingers apart).
4. Then use the Share icon to send it to wherever you’d like it to go.

I find this very helpful for use with Notability.

Reactions: vish26
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.