Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Northoceanbeach

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2014
On my iPad mini, as of three days ago, all videos using QuickTime are choppy. The audio plays, but the video doesn't keep up, and sometimes doesn't play, but jumps from one screenshot to the next.

It's not just streaming either, it's videos I have downloaded. I also have a VLC app, which I don't think uses QuickTime, and those downloaded videos play and sound just fine. So while I can't say for certain it's a QuickTime problem, that's what I am thinking it is.

Any ideas on how to fix this? The things I have done to my iPad over the last week that could have something to do with this are, and I'm just listing everything here, so I don't leave something out which could be the cause:

Downloaded two game apps, FarmVille and candy crush :eek:
Downloaded the Netflix app and signed up for Netflix
Got down to less than 2gb of available spacer

Hmm, I thought there would be more, but I can't think of anything else I have done. I first noticed it while playing yahoo news videos, but then it was YouTube, and then Netflix. I'm fairly certain Netflix worked yesterday.

Any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.