Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tucom

Cancelled
Original poster
Jul 29, 2006
Looking for something to create animations with, like animated features and comics, but would like something other than Flash. I've used Flash before - and am wondering if Tumult Hype 2 is basically that (able to create animations just like with Flash) but instead just uses HTML5?

Is there anything Flash can do that Hype 2 can't? And vice versa? Can you draw in Hype like you can in Flash? Also curious, are there other apps to look out for for someone wanting to get started in creating and drawing animations?

It's in the App Store BTW.

Thanks!

EDIT: It looks like it may not be what I'm looking for. What is Adobe Flash Professional, exactly? Does it export and create in Flash (Flash Player) or does it merely share the same name with the player, but is totally different?

EDIT: I've now been using Flash CC for a little bit, and while I'm refiguring it all out again, I've more or less figured out the answers to my questions.

Flash CC now supports HTML5, which is cool.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.