Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pilon

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 11, 2013
Oxfordshire
Just a little disappointed to be honest, just before Christmas I was putting my camera away, and dropped it, well wen I say dropped, the strap got caught on the corner of my desk and pulled the camera from my hand. It's a Nikon D50 which I love and was a present years ago. I picked it up turned it on and it worked, big smiles all around, then I tried to take a picture, oh no! the lens was stuck and would not zoom or focus, no Christmas pictures for the first time in many years. I have taken it apart but no good, it's the kit lense on the D50, 18-55mm.
Today I wento a local camera shop to see about fixing it, I had just about got over the sick feeling in my gut caused by my clumsiness.
The shop had a stock of new 18-55 VR lenses from kits when a customer wants an upgraded lens, so I am now a happy snapper again, and all for £99. Big smiles all around.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Just a little disappointed to be honest, just before Christmas I was putting my camera away, and dropped it, well wen I say dropped, the strap got caught on the corner of my desk and pulled the camera from my hand. It's a Nikon D50 which I love and was a present years ago. I picked it up turned it on and it worked, big smiles all around, then I tried to take a picture, oh no! the lens was stuck and would not zoom or focus, no Christmas pictures for the first time in many years. I have taken it apart but no good, it's the kit lense on the D50, 18-55mm.
Today I wento a local camera shop to see about fixing it, I had just about got over the sick feeling in my gut caused by my clumsiness.
The shop had a stock of new 18-55 VR lenses from kits when a customer wants an upgraded lens, so I am now a happy snapper again, and all for £99. Big smiles all around.

Sorry to hear you broke your lens. Good to hear you got going for £99 though.

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
I had the D50. I loved using my 50mm lens with it. A lot sharper and you got to use apertures lower than f/4

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.