Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

617arg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
I've searched on Google and tried a few different things but have had no luck so far, so I'm hoping someone on here can help.

I'm on Lion and running iPhoto 11 (9.3). I have iCloud and Photo Stream running properly on an iPhone and two iPads, but can't get it to connect on my Mac at home.

I've checked the check box in the iCloud preferences. I've tried signing out of iCloud and then back in. I've tried to go through the steps at http://helpdeskgeek.com/help-desk/photostream-keeps-turning-off-in-iphoto-fix-it/ but don't seem to have the folder iLifeAssetManagement on my machine. I also don't have the plist files listed as Method 2 in the link above.

Any ideas anyone else can recommend?

Thanks for your help.

netslacker

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
Did you enable Photo Stream in iPhoto?

iPhoto -> Preferences -> Photo Stream -> Enable

Do you also have Aperture installed? if so, is it using photo stream? if so, I believe photo stream will only use one or the other apps but not both.

617arg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
Yes. The message "iPhoto was unable to connect to Photo Stream" comes up when trying to enable it.

617arg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
Also, don't have Aperture so that wouldn't be interfering with anything.

617arg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
Upgraded to iPhoto 9.3.1 last night. Still have the same issue. Just bumping this up one time to see if any other help can be offered.......

RicardoG

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2012
Multiple logins

FWIW I fixed mine when I realised I'd probably downloaded iPhoto using an AppleID from the App Store but logged into iCloud with a different AppleID. I deleted iPhoto and it's related files (but not the iPhoto Library) using CleanApp, entered the App Store with my usual AppleID and downloaded iPhoto again. Once the App Store, the downloaded iPhoto and iCloud logins were the same iPhoto Stream worked again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.