Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PieMac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2002
One month & 9 days to be precise & still loving my 6+. I got used to it right out of the box because i knew I wanted it since the launch!

I also adorned it with a pretty Vaja grip case�� [/ATTACH]

Very sharp! How are you liking your case? I'm thinking of ordering this exact case for my silver 6 Plus but in the Londan tan bridge leather. Does it add much thickness to the form factor?

Last edited:

MacsandCheese

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2015
Had I not been so impatient, I would probably have the + now. Bigger screen and better battery life would be nice.

I like the 6, but whenever I upgrade the + will be the size I get, even if I do spring for an eventual rMB.

I will most likely wait out my contract through.

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
Most women I see in Orange County carry iPhone 6 Plus. My aunts bought them last year when first released. Phablets are more common with females for a couple reasons.

They carry purses, so no need to fit them in a pocket.

Women can hate texting on a smaller screen with long fingernails, so a wider keyboard is much easier to type on. It was a reason many couldn't enjoy the earlier iPhones and stuck to BlackBerry.

I think it was a brilliant move by Apple to appeal iPhone more to females. They live longer and there are more women on this planet than men. The largest demographic are females. Not any nationality like Chinese or Indians. Yet, 6 Plus is super popular over there too! The more Apple can appeal to females, the more dollar $ign$ they will be seeing. And not just women, anyone wanting a bigger screen size for whatever reasons like having weaker vision or realizing the many benefits from it.

RodDavies

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2014
My wife is 4'10" short. Hands like a porcelain doll. Looked at me using my 6+ for 2 months and then went to Apple and got one to replace get one year old 5s.

She LOVES it.

MNR

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2014
Just did the switch yesterday. Went to the Apple Store and bought an unlock 6 plus. I love he screen and was thinking I will be more impressed by the size. However after one day my left hand is hurting, I guess I'm not holding the phone as I'm supposed to be. I will give Ima try a couple more days and see how I feel about it. I'm also divided because I will need to sell my iPhone 6 (can't afford to keep both phones) and this make me sad ...

MacGurl111

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2010
Seattle
I got a wristlet that fits the iPhone perfectly.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433562778.098529.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433562871.015531.jpg

Jcbydesign

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2014
I am considering upgrading from my 5, to the 6 Plus...possibly.
I am reading so many threads from men who say it is too big of a phone and it's awkward and I don't want to make the wrong decision.
I love mine! I have a felt sleeve and wristlets plus stick it in back pocket when out walking. Would never go back to the smaller version.

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
why you don't wait for iphone 6s plus? with triple core and 2 gb ram is more future proof..

TheKevinFang

macrumors member
May 10, 2015
I am reading so many threads from men who say it is too big of a phone and it's awkward and I don't want to make the wrong decision.
I have small hands (comparable to women...) and have tried my friends 6 Plus - it's not too bad, but you really have to treat it like a two-handed phone (which is what I do, even with my 5!)

So, don't expect to one hand the device, but note that it isn't too large.

Hot12345

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2015
I have the 6+ 128 gig model.

Im a businessman, flying all around the world for my job.

I really like the 6+ because of the larger screen. I came from the Samsung Note 4. Now i have the iPhone I don't wanna something else.

SCREAMmydarling

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2015
I'm switching from the 4S to the 6S+. A little worried about the change in size but I'm sure I can manage.

I got the rose gold case from Spigen to fit my new rose gold phone. I normally just put my phone in my purse.

appygirl82

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2012
Oregon
Love the 6+! I've considered going back to the regular 6s but likely I'd regret it BIGTIME!!

The big screen is awesome and I don't have an issue carrying it!

I'd say the one thing that sometimes makes me have thoughts of going a little smaller is it's not real one handed friendly....that sucks sometimes ;)

lique831

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2011
I'm going from the 6 to 6s Plus. Shouldn't be a problem since I carry purses. Even my wallet on a chain should be able to hold it. I had a 6 Plus for about a week last year and returned it because it didn't have enough storage and ended up getting a 6 because that's all they had. I still miss the battery life from that one week.

python0704

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2015
My wife have been playing with my 6+ at home ever since she gave her 5s out. So I ordered a 6s+ for her for the few added feature.

supermanfan

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2008
I would assume (no data backing this up) that there are more women using the 6+ than men.

I have a 6, my wife a 6+.

I have a pocket, my wife has a purse.

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
I would assume (no data backing this up) that there are more women using the 6+ than men.

I have a 6, my wife a 6+.

I have a pocket, my wife has a purse.

I don't know any women with the 6+. And I actually only know 1 guy with a 6+. Having a purse didn't have anything to do with my decision to get the 6.

eoblaed

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010

My wife has had a 6 Plus since launch day and loves it. She's upgrading to the 6S Plus, so obviously likes it enough to stick with it.

That said, it's all personal. Best advice I can give is do what I did: get a Plus and try it for a week or so. You have two weeks to return it if you can't get around the size and get a non-Plus instead. I kept my Plus. :)

supermanfan

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2008
I don't know any women with the 6+. And I actually only know 1 guy with a 6+. Having a purse didn't have anything to do with my decision to get the 6.

Gotcha.

I had the 6+ before and loved using it. Ultimately I found that the 6 is the phone I love to carry, the 6+ is the phone I love to use. The ease of carrying the 6 outweighed the use of the 6+ (for me).

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Have the 6 + and in a few days will have the 6s +! I love the larger size and it is easier to use and to see than the smaller iPhones were. I also pretty much have stopped carrying my iPad Mini with me since I don't need to have it -- the iPhone 6 + has done the job admirably!

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
In the wild I see lots more women than men with the Plus, I assume it is because they have something to carry it in when not using it.

Dumping my Plus this go round, cannot wait to not have a pocket stuffed to the guilds with a Plus.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.