Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

comda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 15, 2011
Greetings macrumors!

A few years ago i purchased a Mini Dvi to VGa from ebay for my late 2007 macbook. A few months ago i posted here: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1826775/

Because when using the adapter it would literally smudge things on the screen. So i went out shopping for christmas gifts and found another one of these adapters at Canada Computers for $20. The adapter works great except for one thing. And i know its the adapter but is it faulty do you think or just the way its made and i should exchange it? When i would plug the old one in the macbook would realize something was being plugged in and automatically adjust the resolution on the external display. With this one the display isn't fuzzy but i have to tell the computer to detect displays. It does NOT realize this on its own. And same thing when i unplug it. The computer still thinks it has a second screen to it and gets confused. Is it faulty do you think? Lets me know cause if so i can return it tomorrow.

Macbook 3,1 2007 white pre-unibody
Core 2 Duo 7400 @ 2.2Ghz
4Gb DDR 2 Ram
240Gb Kingston V300 SSD drive (TRIM SUPPORT ENABLED)
Intel X3100 144mb ON board Video
Snow Leopard 10.6.8

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.