Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Justin1008

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2015
My iphone 5s screen cracked severely when i sat on it a couple months ago, when i looked at it i could see it said "searching..." where my service bar is supposed to be (top left) i didnt think much of it. i got my phone fixed at cellairis for $90 and they did a flawless job. the phone looks new! no dents or anything. i turned it on only to find out it was still "searching" (btw wifi works fine) . i thought it was a software issue so i restored it but now i cant get passed the activatioin screen because it needs a sim card i guess. i just want to know what you guys might think is wrong with my phone. i dont think its the sim reader because if it was im guessing it would just say "no sim" or something but i could be wrong. i thought it was like the cellular antenna or something but idk what do you guys think?

P.s- dont reccomend apple please because they charge a **** ton for things that might not cost that much and the place i fixed it at doesnt do refunds. i just want to know what you guys might think is wrong with my phone like what part so i can tell a nearby phone repair shop

Last edited:

rigormortis

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
maybe the repair place can give you your money back and you can use that $90 to take it to the apple store and have them replace your entire iPhone for $269

a real apple person changing your real screen would of only been $129

----------

if you go to i fix it and open your own phone it should be pretty obvious if you see any other physical damage to it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.