Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

desertman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Arizona, USA
I have a Numbers spreadsheet in which I list all my revenues and their totals. For 2014 I had this spreadsheet in the "conventional" way with all the totals at the bottom of the sheet.

For this year I would like to have the totals on top. Is that possible? And how would I do this?

The old sheet looks like this:

Header row
Content rows
Totals row
Header row

What I want is this:

Header row
Totals row
Content rows
Header row

Meister

Suspended
Oct 10, 2013
Of course you can.
Just move the totals row wherever you want it or just add the appropriate formula in the cells you want to display the total.

Last edited:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I have a Numbers spreadsheet in which I list all my revenues and their totals. For 2014 I had this spreadsheet in the "conventional" way with all the totals at the bottom of the sheet.

For this year I would like to have the totals on top. Is that possible? And how would I do this?

The old sheet looks like this:

Header row
Content rows
Totals row
Header row

What I want is this:

Header row
Totals row
Content rows
Header row
That should be very simple to accomplish. I don't use Numbers, but it's very easy in Excel. One way is to create the totals row as you normally would, then simply select the row, cut it and paste it under the header row. You could also create the formula in the desired row, selecting what range of cells you want to total. The totals can be above, below, to the left or right.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.