Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Josh7047

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2014
i have researched this and havent found any luck yet.

iPhone 5s ios 8.1.2

When i try to restore normally , it gets stuck on waiting for iPhone

When i restore via DFU, i get error 21.

When i restore in recovery mode it gets stuck preparing for restore.

My hosts file has nothing apple related in it. i reset it a few days ago.

When i run diagnostics, it says "No iPhone ipod or ipad found."

gs.apple.com brings me to a page that says "This page is just a place holder" it has three links, one to apple, one to apache web server and one to tech probs.

For weeks now i have been unable to restore. It works on my brothers computer, but that is really a hassle and i want to get my music from this computer.

Any help guys?

Cmd-Z

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2014
Coyote, CA
If you can restore from a different computer, what prevents you from syncing from the computer you normally use? You might get a warning that any content from the other computer will be erased, but that shouldn't matter and won't require you to restore again.

Josh7047

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2014
If you can restore from a different computer, what prevents you from syncing from the computer you normally use? You might get a warning that any content from the other computer will be erased, but that shouldn't matter and won't require you to restore again.

Thats the problem. i restore and then when i plug it into my computer it says it is corrupt and wants me to restore.

Cmd-Z

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2014
Coyote, CA
Sounds like something else is wrong, perhaps with your iTunes installation. Try removing iTunes (and the "Apple Mobile Device Support" program) then reinstall iTunes (which also puts AMDS back on your computer). Then try again, and just for kicks try additional tweaks before restoring again:

• Re-boot your modem and/or router
  • Temporarily disable all firewalls
  • Temporarily disable anti-virus SW

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.