Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pearlc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2015
Hi guys, longtime lurker coming to you for help, please!

I have an iPhone 5s, 64 GB, iOS 8.1.2, and whenever I plug it into my Mid-2012 Macbook Air running OS X 10.9.5 via USB, the computer does not pick up on it at all. It does not show as being connected anywhere, such as in System Information, and iTunes doesn't show it in the list of devices.

When I plug in my external hard drive, the computer does recognize it, so I don't think it is the computer.

I have restored my iPhone (and restored from iCloud backup), done SMC and PRAM resets on the Macbook, uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes to no avail. The iTunes is the latest version, I don't want to update to Yosemite, and as of writing, the iOS is the latest version as well. Before I updated the iOS, it seemed like it was working fine. (Possibly related - my phone has been doing blue screen resets with some regularity - maybe once a week). Please help!

Thanks in advance!

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
You have a hardware problem....service should be the right choice for you...or replacement phone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.