Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BoneHead001

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2013
Livonia,MI
It's certainly not necessary, but it is a handy device to own. I almost never use my laptop since I got one. That being said, since you already own an iPhone, the two work well together. Via iMessage, I can send or respond to most text messages on my pad, and if I want to, I can answer phone calls without ever touching my phone. Not that i ever do, but if I wanted to, I could.
As an Internet browser, it's my main device. And using my Apple TV, I can send any videos or pics to my television.
I rather enjoy it, but none of these devices are a necessity.

I agree.
I'd like to get Apple TV. I am waiting for the Apple TV refresh that hopefully will come out in 2015.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
I thought the same thing... until I actually got an iPad. Tablets are a LOT faster/easier to use than a laptop. See if you can borrow a friend's tablet for few days - I virtually guarantee you'll get addicted fast.

I don't know about that. My MBA is pretty quick and snappy. iPads have really become an afterthought to me because there's just too much overlap with my other devices.

mangomind

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
iPads are necessary. Don't you know you need shelter, water, food, and iPad to survive? :rolleyes: :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.