Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Laimbeersux

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
Just updated to Yosemitie this afternoon and went to make a quick video game highlight video similar to ones I've done a bunch of times. I was easily able to add the video but when clicking on the iTunes button on the bottom left hand corner of iMovie, I don't have access to any of the 8,000 or so songs in my library. All i get is a blank pane where the music would normally appear and the words "The contents of your iTunes library will appear here", any ideas? I've been fooling with it for a good hour and between google and my usually tech savvy brain, I can't figure it out.

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
Go to your home hard drive on your computer and find the music files. Move one song unto your desktop and open iMovie and see if you can import that song into iMovie on your timeline.

juddball

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2015
I'm having the same problem. I did however check the consolidate file and reorganize library in iTunes, restarted the machine and still coming up with the window in iMovie "the contents of your iTunes library will appear here." but no music!

HELP!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.