Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CartoonCat

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2014
Doesn't matter if you loved it or hated it. There are plenty of Oscar nominated movies I can't stand to watch but many people love them. My wife can't stand to watch anything associated with Starwars/science fiction and I don't judge her for it. Who are you to judge someones sense of humor preferences?
I personally loved the movie. It was my type of comedy. And what standards are you judging the movie on? Is it the same standards Apple uses to produce products in China? So if other companies employ cheap Chinese labor is it ok for Apple to do so? If Apple can take advantage of the situation in China is it wrong to like this comedy?

Hmmm...Not sure what cheap Chinese labor has to do with this movie. Apple has nothing to do with this movie really. If you loved the movie then more power to you. I don't care. For me it was an adolescent exercise, but that's just me. I'm not trying to tell anyone what they can like or dislike. Watch the movie every day for the rest of your life if you want to...No skin off my nose. ;)

----------

I cannot understand the negative reaction by some who have watched the film. I have now watched it through twice and am taken back by the effort put into it. It's also surprisingly portrays the Korean leader VERY favourably as misunderstood.

It is a very provocative film and well worth seeing. Americans actually know very little about North Korea so in an ironic way this is a good way to start an actual conversation about North Korea.

----------
Well, if one knows nothing about N. Korea, then I suppose this is better than nothing, but not by much. ;)

poppy10

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2012
UK
Where, exactly, did I say that you could...?

Yes, the point is you can't. You criticised Google for not making HD movies available via a web browser, but Apple doesn't allow you to watch anything (HD or SD) via the web - you need to download and install iTunes onto each computer you want to watch your content on.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
Yes, the point is you can't. You criticised Google for not making HD movies available via a web browser, but Apple doesn't allow you to watch anything (HD or SD) via the web - you need to download and install iTunes onto each computer you want to watch your content on.

But at least you can watch HD videos on your computer through iTunes...

Google doesn't offer any way of doing that.

adbsideload

macrumors member
Dec 18, 2014
And then, as they always have - historically, Apple do an about face.

LOL. Wouldn't wanna watch this drivel anyway.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
And then, as they always have - historically, Apple do an about face.

LOL. Wouldn't wanna watch this drivel anyway.

Apple didn't do an about-face. They just couldn't release it at the same time as everyone else because of their annual holiday shutdown.

tdale

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2013
Christchurch, N.Z.
Apple didn't do an about-face. They just couldn't release it at the same time as everyone else because of their annual holiday shutdown.

Correct.

Everyone declined it. Then some changed their mind, Apple was about the last about face. Given who raised threats and who the threats emanate from, I have no problem with caution. Said leader now states he is happy to talk to his opponent. Related? Who knows

Sol

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2003
Australia

That probably played a part in the delay. Imagine the furore if Apple released The Interview at the same time as everyone else and a story came out about the employees that were forced to work during the holidays.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.