Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sisspc

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2011
I bought this and like it a lot. It's not real leather, but it seems to be well made. The bumper is substantial enough that I think it will provide some drop protection.

chrisaubert

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2015
Verus is the worst company ever. The magnet clasp on the first case I bought broke in about 40 days. The seller on Amazon had a 30 day warranty, but replaced it anyway. The second case suffered the same fate. I then contracted Verus for assistance, but they said that the one year warranty only applied if you bought the case directly from them. So, I had two cases fail in less than three months and Verus' response, basically, is "too bad, so sad." Wow - what a ripoff.

johnnilcru

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2014
I think you might like this one:
https://www.lucrin.com/hard-cover-case-iphone-6-plus.htm
hard-cover-case-iphone-6-plus-mouse-grey-smooth-leather.jpg

However, it does look slightly weird.. *cough*... in a diaper. But, it looks handy.

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
After using a wallet case for the first time I've realized I want one that's detachable - similar to this http://www.iamprodigee.com/collections/wallegee-iphone-6-wallet-case

Anyone else know of any others?

Besides the Doc Artisan Sport Combo Wallet case (http://www.dockartisan.com/collections/cases/products/iphone-leather-wallet-combo-case ), there is also the Chil Attraction Jacket: http://chil.com/collections/iphone-6-and-iphone-6-plus/products/iphone-6-attraction-jacket-magnetic-wallet-and-case . Chil is supposed to be sending me a sample for review, but I have no idea when it will arrive. Looks pretty, though.

Kristin

Cptnodegard

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2013
After using a wallet case for the first time I've realized I want one that's detachable - similar to this http://www.iamprodigee.com/collections/wallegee-iphone-6-wallet-case

Anyone else know of any others?

THIS^

Has been driving me absolutely nuts. I've been trying to find the perfect case for my 6+, and to be honest, I'm wondering what is wrong with case manufacturers. They all basically create cases that are minor variations on the same design and never try to innovate.

It basically comes down to:
*Various magnetic cases. Not a very secure method of attaching the case, and magnets reportedly cause issues with the 6+'s optical image stabilization feature
*The Book book by Twelve south use 6 plastic thingamabobs to attach a case to a wallet. Oversized and expensive, and IMH(and subjective)O ugly
*A few cases use leather pieces to attach, like the one you link

What I want is one that uses micro velcro. Works like normal velcro but smoother since the hooks are smallet. Soft side on phone part, rough side on the wallet. Boom.

Alternatively something along the lines of LEGO. No kidding. Proven attachment system. There are LEGO cases but for actual LEGO and for use as a toy, not seen anyone take the basic concept of LEGO and made an attachment system out of it.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
THIS^

Has been driving me absolutely nuts. I've been trying to find the perfect case for my 6+, and to be honest, I'm wondering what is wrong with case manufacturers. They all basically create cases that are minor variations on the same design and never try to innovate.

It basically comes down to:
*Various magnetic cases. Not a very secure method of attaching the case, and magnets reportedly cause issues with the 6+'s optical image stabilization feature
*The Book book by Twelve south use 6 plastic thingamabobs to attach a case to a wallet. Oversized and expensive, and IMH(and subjective)O ugly
*A few cases use leather pieces to attach, like the one you link

What I want is one that uses micro velcro. Works like normal velcro but smoother since the hooks are smallet. Soft side on phone part, rough side on the wallet. Boom.

Alternatively something along the lines of LEGO. No kidding. Proven attachment system. There are LEGO cases but for actual LEGO and for use as a toy, not seen anyone take the basic concept of LEGO and made an attachment system out of it.

So glad to see I'm not the only one!! I was looking into the BookBook but it seems a bit thick and bulky. The Doc Artisan case is perfect, but $75 is a lot to spend on a case :eek:

Cptnodegard

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2013
So glad to see I'm not the only one!! I was looking into the BookBook but it seems a bit thick and bulky. The Doc Artisan case is perfect, but $75 is a lot to spend on a case :eek:

Also, magnets. Bleh.

I've ordered the ultra thin Caudabe hard shell as well as a couple of variants of thin fasteners (velcro). Will try to use that to turn a wallet case with a nondetachable hard shell into something useful

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
Also, magnets. Bleh.

I've ordered the ultra thin Caudabe hard shell as well as a couple of variants of thin fasteners (velcro). Will try to use that to turn a wallet case with a nondetachable hard shell into something useful

Let me know how it goes! I was hoping this wallet case will be the last of my case hunt but guess not.

Cptnodegard

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2013
Also, magnets. Bleh.

Let me know how it goes! I was hoping this wallet case will be the last of my case hunt but guess not.

c3aVsuV.png

Since ordering the parts I gave up on wallet cases and got an Apple leather case and a screen protector. The parts have arrived, however, and I tried it out with a front cover I cut off a cheap case a while back. It works as I had hoped, and the ultra thin velcro is very, very thin. Need to epoxy the bits of velcro in place, however, but other than that this really is a viable option

Glaxaymixc

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2015
The leather smells fresh like a new car, and the case that holds the phone is perfect for a iPhone 6. It has cutouts in the bottom perfect or any size charger. The magnet that closes it is perfect for holding the flap closed. It is not too thick when it is all closed up, and it has a ID slot along with credit card slots. Also there is a cash pocket. It is very strong and the stitches are also strong. The case will last for a long time.
a72817418f8848733c69b402169e9130.jpg

Details: http://www.amazon.com/Case-TURATA-Classical-Protective-Magnetic-Function/dp/B0109S77XU/

Kenzo Kabuto

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2015
Italy
I bought an inexpensive black wallet case at Futureshop when I picked up my iPhone 6 on release day because the Dock Artisan case was on two-month preorder. That cheap wallet worked surprisingly well but did not have the finish quality or extra features of the Dock Artisan.

I've had the Dock Artisan for a few weeks now and quite happy with it.
http://www.dockartisan.com/products/sport-leather-wallet-case-iphone-6-pre-order

This is the first wallet case I've had where the phone is detachable. I really like that option. Much easier and more secure for taking calls and photos. The little inner case for the phone is slim and beautifully made with a classy leather back. The magnetic hold is quite secure, as you can see in the realistic video on their website.

I thought I would cut off the elastic keeper strap when it arrived, but when I actually had the case in my hands I realized the security value of that strap when I put the wallet in my briefcase or backpack. For pocket or desktop use it wraps out of the way to the back.

The whole unit is a tad bigger than the cheap initial case I had, so it is a bit bulkier in pockets, but that has more to do with the size of the iPhone 6.

Build quality is excellent. The finish of the light brown version I bought is suede-like so it kind of sticks going in and out of pockets. But looks very nice. There is a black version that seems to be smooth leather I think.

Bottom line: the wait was worth it and I am very happy with the Dock Artisan.

what are the actual dimensions of the case?
cannot find it anywhere (and they didn't answer when I asked!)
I'm actually uncertain between this and vaja

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.