Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spaceballl

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 2, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Hey There!

I sold my Vita a few months back, and I'm relatively new to the 2DS. A clarification on game saves... It seems that game saves are actually saved ON the game cart, a la N64, rather than saves being on the device, independent of the game. Can someone confirm that I'm not crazy on this? Does every game save on the cart, not on the device? Thanks!

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
I haven't had a DS since the DSi, but as far as I know it is on the game itself.

When I worked at GameStop people would complain that used DS games already had saves on them. :)

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Hey There!

I sold my Vita a few months back, and I'm relatively new to the 2DS. A clarification on game saves... It seems that game saves are actually saved ON the game cart, a la N64, rather than saves being on the device, independent of the game. Can someone confirm that I'm not crazy on this? Does every game save on the cart, not on the device? Thanks!

Yup, saved to the cart.

Though if you own a cart and get the download version of the game you can transfer the save file across through a Nintendo-developed app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.