Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KnottyGuy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2015
Mill Bay, BC, Canada
My first impression is, WOW!

My last computer was a top of the lime Toshiba, nearly 6 years ago. A few months ago it lost yet another sector. I decided I wasn't spending any more money on a dieing machine.

When I bought the Toshiba I was doing a lot of word processing. These days, my needs are much simpler, music, e mail & social networks.

What would make better? A 15 screen, a full size keyboard & better sound. I am happy with my Air 2, I feel blessed to be able to have it!

Knotty

smallcoffee

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2014
North America
I like my Air 2 a lot as well, and have similar needs excluding social media. I think though if you want a 15inch screen and full size keyboard... It's kind of defeating the purpose of a tablet and perhaps you should go with a retina MacBook pro?

What are your favorite apps so far?

KnottyGuy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2015
Mill Bay, BC, Canada
It's suites me needs quite well. The other deciding factor is that I have a iPhone, so it allows me to use my phone or pad when out & about. When I got my Air, it's was either that or buy another laptop/notebook.

I'm still looking for good usable apps.
I'm not sure what I need/want. A better music player would be good.

Knotty

I like my Air 2 a lot as well, and have similar needs excluding social media. I think though if you want a 15inch screen and full size keyboard... It's kind of defeating the purpose of a tablet and perhaps you should go with a retina MacBook pro?

What are your favorite apps so far?

matraco

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2014
Still to have a crash in safari with it. I also found out it does support 4k videos even though it doesnt take advantage of them at that resolution unless you stream them to a TV.
Didn't think it would run much faster than my mini 2 in IOS 7.1.2 but it does. Beast of a tablet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.