Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iionas

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2015
Just adding my two cents on "beats audio" - really? I come from a background of music making and natural audiophile, for a new product such as this I wouldn't have employed beats to supply speakers, as small as they are. Beh! How about some akg or klipsch?

Teste

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2011
iPad Pro, 64GB, $699
-----------------------
  • A9 Processor

iPad Pro, 128GB, $899
-----------------------
  • (same as above except)
  • A9X Processor
  • Beats Headphones
  • 128GB Storage

Any thoughts?

Very unlikely. Is there any iPad or iPhone in which different storage sizes had different processors or different accessories?

This feels more like trolling than "realistic expectations".

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2003
I'm not expecting too much out of it other than size, battery life, and possibly multitasking, (that might be a stretch). Maybe a better camera (the one on their now is sooooo bad.), and some new accessories. Typing will be hard on something so wide on screen. But honestly given my needs I'm oddly looking forward to it.

Sydde

macrumors 68030
Aug 17, 2009
IOKWARDI
Typing will be hard on something so wide on screen. But honestly given my needs I'm oddly looking forward to it.

There is no rule that says the onscreen keyboard has to fill the bottom of the screen. I could see a slight OS mod that would let you size it – heck, I want that for my regular iPad. Or, if it was a lot of screen, a keyboard with a keypad might make sense in landscape.

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Very unlikely. Is there any iPad or iPhone in which different storage sizes had different processors or different accessories?

This feels more like trolling than "realistic expectations".

lol...yup, you caught me! Trolling hard as usual as I'm known on these boards. Thanks for the positive contribution to the thread! ;)

And to answer your sarcastic question: nope - there hasn't been (as you obviously know). Then again, Apple never released same generation iPhones in different screen sizes, with different cameras until iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. Things change - and my guess may be off but it's not like you have a definitive answer either.

Last edited:

masotime

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2012
San Jose, CA

masotime

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2012
San Jose, CA
12" Screen (same resolution as iPad Air 2)

A 12" screen at a density independent resolution of 1024 x 768 doesn't make sense IMO. The screen is considerably larger than a ~10" iPad.

Given the larger screen size in general, it is very possible that the iPad "Pro" would take on an aspect ratio that is closer to the MacBooks, i.e. a 16:10 ratio. Larger Android tablets take 1280 x 800 as their base density independent resolution (see Nexus 10), and I believe Apple will do the same.

Given the shift to @3x assets by Apple (iPhone 6+), I would think that a resolution of 3840 x 2400 is more likely, and would enable native playback of 4k (3840 x 2160) resolution videos. This yields a PPI of roughly 377, which is decent, and matches a 43% increase in density of the current retina "non-HD" iPad, closely matching the 50% increase from 2x -> 3x, and leaving the "touch" UI areas roughly the same.

This is what the screens will look like in terms of size comparisons - http://www.displaywars.com/9,7-inch-4x3-vs-12-inch-16x10

case2001

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2010
iPad Pro: Realistic Expectations (Not a "what I want thread")

I like the original posters outline. The only think I wonder is if they would have a high end model with 256gig and some type of Apple stylus with pressure sensitivity and Palm rejection. It seams there is a 3rd party market for them now.

Last edited:

Sydde

macrumors 68030
Aug 17, 2009
IOKWARDI
I think it is not unreasonable to imagine that the Pro might have a pressure-sensitive screen, which I believe Samsung already does have so it is not untested technology. That could help solve the issue of palm-rejection and offer a fair range of UI improvements (e.g., by allowing the fingers to effect mouse-overs in a way that the regular screen cannot).

It is not inconceivable that they could develop a hybrid screen that would recognize both touch and a specialized stylus, but I would not hold my breath on that one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.