Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JeReSpringer13

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2013
After installing the carrier hack, any time I turn on LTE, I get a popup that says:

"This cellular network has not been certified by the carrier for LTE on iPhone. Battery life, calls, text messages, voicemail, and cellular data may be affected."

If you don't press "Enable LTE" quickly, the phone will freeze. This also causes the phone to freeze if you have an LTE toggle or Activator command set up.

Is there any way to disable this so that it always turns on without asking?

JeReSpringer13

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2013
Almost 150 people have viewed the thread and no response? Can someone at least reply to let me know if they get this message? I'm on Sprint running 8.1

Reactions: sd70mac

quebert

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2014
Sprint here with the carrier hack, sorry I don't get that pop up. Although the hack doesn't work borked my speeds to slower than 3g. I'm curious why the same hack on the same carrier would act different for us, 8.1.2 or just 8.1? 8.1.2 here

faraz7hf

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2015
LTE Popup issue

Hi,

I am getting the same issue. I have to keep LTE option on to avoid this popup.

tys

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2008
The tweak Automa lets you get rid of most pop-ups in iOS 8.x.
Basically it "remembers" your choice so it won't bother you again. I can't say that it'll work in your specific case but it's worth a try. So far it has worked for every pop up I've tried.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.