Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Acog

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2011
Computer: IMac OSX 10.9.5
3.2 GHz Intel Core i5
8GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My beloved HP Photosmart C7180 no longer was recognized when trying to scan with Maverick OS. I would have to go thru Preview and jump thru hoops just to scan so I decided to buy the new version, HP Photosmart 7525, which was compatible.

What I loved about the C7180 was it"s scanning options. Since I scan a lot of old photographs the button options to "color restore, remove scratches, dust" was amazing. The photos became alive again without doing much else.
Alas, I was highly disappointed with the 7525 since I was expecting new and more innovative options but only found a "manual" option for image correction. I had to try to correct the colors manually and never achieved the original colors.

So I re-connected my old C7180 and tried to install the old software but now get an error message -"PowerPC applications" are no longer supported. I'm stuck with the new software with the "manual" option for image correction.

I enjoy scanning old photos on my IMac so I don't want to send photos out to be restored & I don't want to use other software. (photoshop, etc)

I'm looking for a printer/scanner with auto options for color restoration, removing dust & scratches.

Anna

SpicyWings

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2014
Hi Anna

Have you tried updating the driver for your HP C7180? See here. This driver is intended for Mavericks as well as Yosemite.

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.