Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple Fan 21

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
I have 6th Gen APE w/ a 105 Mbps internet connection. My daughter has a iPad Air. The iPad is connecting to the APE at 300 Mbps, which is max for that iPad. When my daughter is streaming movie in her iPad is it best to use iCloud or Home Sharing since all of her kids movies are on both. I’m looking for network efficacy as not to bog down the network for other users. Any input on which source to use?

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
I have 6th Gen APE w/ a 105 Mbps internet connection. My daughter has a iPad Air. The iPad is connecting to the APE at 300 Mbps, which is max for that iPad. When my daughter is streaming movie in her iPad is it best to use iCloud or Home Sharing since all of her kids movies are on both. I’m looking for network efficacy as not to bog down the network for other users. Any input on which source to use?

Neither will matter. The amount of data per second passed is well below your wifi max or your internet (probably in the 1MB/s at best range). I'd say it's probably more consistent via local network rather than iCloud (simply because you are removing your ISP from the mix), but in practice it may not be any different.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.