Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dsiiist

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2013
First of all, this thread is not made for the haters so if u came to bash beats or tell me how some other brand is better, please leave. This thread is simply for beats fans and people who have beats, to give their opinion on which they think is better.
I have a beats studio wireless and am thinking of buying smaller beats for portability. In ur opinion which ones better? More durable? Sounds better? etc.

And again, please no hate, or strongly pleading that i buy a different brand.

Last edited:

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
I don't understand the defensiveness and chip on the shoulder in asking about headphones. And you express a desire to control responses and to have responses policed? Isn't that an inflammatory way to start a thread?

dsiiist

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2013
I don't understand the defensiveness and chip on the shoulder in asking about headphones. And you express a desire to control responses and to have responses policed? Isn't that an inflammatory way to start a thread?

No no, not at all, it's just the fact that there are a lot of people who just jump into these kind of threads and bash beats, so sadly I have to resort to being an ass

barrikade

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2015
No no, not at all, it's just the fact that there are a lot of people who just jump into these kind of threads and bash beats, so sadly I have to resort to being an ass

You're right though, every time I see a Beats deal thread, 90% of the responses are bashing. So I see why you had to say that.

dsiiist

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2013
You're right though, every time I see a Beats deal thread, 90% of the responses are bashing. So I see why you had to say that.

Exactly, and it's a very good brand if all u listen to is rock and hiphop but just a tad bit overpriced. Not the earphones tho, they r the same price as the others in their category the headphones are the ones that are over priced but they have good sound and look absolutely fantastic

barrikade

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2015
Exactly, and it's a very good brand if all u listen to is rock and hiphop but just a tad bit overpriced. Not the earphones tho, they r the same price as the others in their category the headphones are the ones that are over priced but they have good sound and look absolutely fantastic

I'm not a huge fan of them sound wise, but I do love their design and fit. The Beats Solo HD is the only headphone that fits my big-ass head! lol

The 2 models you are asking about are too similar for me to choose one lol
This is a tough call. I'd go with the Tours though because of the extra piece that goes in the ear to help it stay in the ear. I've always had trouble with these falling out of my ear. Sound wise though, I think both will sound pretty much the same so go with the one that appeals to you aesthetically. :)

Brewc

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2014
SouthWestern Virginia
I have had the original studio for four years and 2 months ago got the Powerbeats original in Orange/white at Best Buy for $75. If you want a smaller pair I would go with the Powerbeats, they have the over the ear hooks, which don't interfere with sunglasses at least on me, and you don't have to worry about them coming off while using them.
My other earbuds I had used for 5-6 years were the sony mdr-ex38ip which I loved because I thought they sounded so close to the beats, I used them when mowing, bike riding. I would consider the original powerbeat as you could get them for half off now and BB had a 15 day return window, I had thought of getting the new wireless ones but just hated thought of having to worry about them being charged or running out of juice.

dsiiist

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2013
I'm not a huge fan of them sound wise, but I do love their design and fit. The Beats Solo HD is the only headphone that fits my big-ass head! lol

The 2 models you are asking about are too similar for me to choose one lol
This is a tough call. I'd go with the Tours though because of the extra piece that goes in the ear to help it stay in the ear. I've always had trouble with these falling out of my ear. Sound wise though, I think both will sound pretty much the same so go with the one that appeals to you aesthetically. :)

I don't care about that extra piece (it adds 50$ More) the most important things to me are durability and sound quality, on a side note the studio wireless ones are badass #

labroomes

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2017
First of all, this thread is not made for the haters so if u came to bash beats or tell me how some other brand is better, please leave. This thread is simply for beats fans and people who have beats, to give their opinion on which they think is better.
I have a beats studio wireless and am thinking of buying smaller beats for portability. In ur opinion which ones better? More durable? Sounds better? etc.

And again, please no hate, or strongly pleading that i buy a different brand.

The tours 2 have more bass and are louder in my opinion, I have actually own both, I gave the urbeats to my wife. I believe the drivers in the tours 2's are bigger than the ones in the urbeats.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.