Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dazpearce

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 15, 2015
hi all

this is my first post and I have to tell you im a mac novice, hopefully someone can help.

I have a customers machine that has chinese windows home basic 7 sp1 64bit installed, he has bootcamp on the desktop, which has had the wifi driver run from the setup.exe, I have also tried to manually launching on broadcomwirelesswin7x64 exe in the drivers folder, normally and as administrator

it goes through the install ok, but when I check device manager there is a yellow triangle next to Broadcom 802.11ac network adapter #2

not sure why its saying adapter 2, but there is a Bluetooth adapter above it which also has a yellow triangle and another above that which doesn't.

I have tried to uninstall both, the top one uninstalls fine the one with the triangle stays there. in the programs list there are a couple of items that have the word Bluetooth amongst the Chinese, and have uninstalled them, but the Bluetooth driver in device manager persists, when I restart they both come back, not sure if the Bluetooth devices are relevant, but thought Id better mention it anyway.

also I have tried two other Broadcom wifi drivers
ver 5100578
ver 63022375 without success

anyone have any advice?

thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.