Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
I have an iPhone 6 on 8.1 and am having some technical isssues which is preventing me from backing up via iCloud. I can back up via iTunes (which I have done) but want to erase all and restore to see if I can get rid of any corruption that would prevent me from using iCloud backup.

Should I just restore and let 8.1.2 install and then JB using TaiG? Doesnt OS version matter when restoring? Little help...thanks.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
I have an iPhone 6 on 8.1 and am having some technical isssues which is preventing me from backing up via iCloud. I can back up via iTunes (which I have done) but want to erase all and restore to see if I can get rid of any corruption that would prevent me from using iCloud backup.

Should I just restore and let 8.1.2 install and then JB using TaiG? Doesnt OS version matter when restoring? Little help...thanks.

If you decide to restore, you can only install the latest iOS which is 8.1.2 for your device. You can jailbreak it with Taig so no worries on that front. Don't bother trying to install older iOS versions as they won't install. Hope this helps.

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
I just don't believe that you can't find a windows computer for 5 minutes, close to you :confused:

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
The computer only needs to have latest iTunes version installed....nothing to do with your iTunes account tough...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.