Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
Anyone playing this?

I know it has its problems with matchmaking, etc, but I am really enjoying the nostalgia of the online multiplayer.

mandoman

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
I recently beat Halo 1:CE from the MCC. Nostalgia factor through the roof indeed!

Haven't dared try multi-player yet since I suck so bad at shooters, but I might try my hand at the Halo 5 Multi-player beta while it is still available.

However, looking like I am going to return my new XB1 for a refund very soon. I get random controller disconnects. I'm on my second new console which didn't fix my problem, and there is no solution from M$ as of yet, so it's going back for refund.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
If I ever get an Xbox One it'll be for this. But given all the problems it has I think I'm best waiting and hoping it comes out on PC.

Halo 1 in co-op is fantastic.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
I recently beat Halo 1:CE from the MCC. Nostalgia factor through the roof indeed!

Haven't dared try multi-player yet since I suck so bad at shooters, but I might try my hand at the Halo 5 Multi-player beta while it is still available.

However, looking like I am going to return my new XB1 for a refund very soon. I get random controller disconnects. I'm on my second new console which didn't fix my problem, and there is no solution from M$ as of yet, so it's going back for refund.

I go back and forth online. I have really good games, and ones where I get destroyed. The beta is actually working better than the normal multiplayer for me right now in terms of connecting and finding games.

It's too bad you're having bad luck with the Xbox.

If I ever get an Xbox One it'll be for this. But given all the problems it has I think I'm best waiting and hoping it comes out on PC.

Halo 1 in co-op is fantastic.

Missing the Halo games it what helped make my decision between the PS4 and XBox 1. I had both last gen, if I get back in to gaming more I may buy the PS4 down the line.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
I gave up on it, though it was the reason I brought an Xbox One in the first place.

Matchmaking aside, just getting through a few levels on co-op online with my brother was a near impossibility. Constantly randomly crashing and deleting progress (why 343 couldn't have included proper checkpointing is beyond me :mad:) and just small stupid things that made me think the disc would serve me better as a coaster (e.g. constantly crashing when I accessed a terminal in CE- WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO IMMEDIATELY LAUNCH WAYPOINT?!).

Support for this game is bollocks as well, the same issues are persistent despite the multiple updates that have been pushed for this game. I shudder to think how much space this is all taking up on my (non-removable or upgradable) HDD as well.

If Sunset Overdrive wasn't so great, I'd have probably sold the Xbox One.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
I gave up on it, though it was the reason I brought an Xbox One in the first place.

Matchmaking aside, just getting through a few levels on co-op online with my brother was a near impossibility. Constantly randomly crashing and deleting progress (why 343 couldn't have included proper checkpointing is beyond me :mad:) and just small stupid things that made me think the disc would serve me better as a coaster (e.g. constantly crashing when I accessed a terminal in CE- WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO IMMEDIATELY LAUNCH WAYPOINT?!).

Support for this game is bollocks as well, the same issues are persistent despite the multiple updates that have been pushed for this game. I shudder to think how much space this is all taking up on my (non-removable or upgradable) HDD as well.

If Sunset Overdrive wasn't so great, I'd have probably sold the Xbox One.

It really is sad that 343 has neglected this release. Maybe once the Halo 5 beta ends they will get this one working.

I need to get Sunset Overdrive from Gamefly next.

mandoman

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
It really is sad that 343 has neglected this release. Maybe once the Halo 5 beta ends they will get this one working.

I need to get Sunset Overdrive from Gamefly next.

Sunset Overdrive is great, everyone that owns an XB1 should at least try it! It's a really polished game, unlike the buggy mess that is Halo:MCC.

Unfortunately I'll be returning my XB1 due to hardware issues (random controller disconnects). I'll probably pick up again when Halo 5 is released, or perhaps sooner if Scalebound gets killer reviews when that is released.

kingc0bra

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2012
Sunset Overdrive is great, everyone that owns an XB1 should at least try it! It's a really polished game, unlike the buggy mess that is Halo:MCC.

Unfortunately I'll be returning my XB1 due to hardware issues (random controller disconnects). I'll probably pick up again when Halo 5 is released, or perhaps sooner if Scalebound gets killer reviews when that is released.

Had Sunset Overdrive and got rid of it within a week, the humor is extremely childish and the gameplay is very repetitive

The only reason I got an X1 was for Halo MCC, turned out to be one of the worst decision I have ever made. Thank God for Forza Horizon 2

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Had Sunset Overdrive and got rid of it within a week, the humor is extremely childish and the gameplay is very repetitive

The only reason I got an X1 was for Halo MCC, turned out to be one of the worst decision I have ever made. Thank God for Forza Horizon 2

Forza Horizon 2 was such a welcome surprise, so much fun.

Gems like this keep my Xbox One around, everything I expected to like like MCC and Titanfall have been crap.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Planning on giving it a go tonight, it'll be interesting to see how much they've fixed in the four months or so since I last played.

That being said, when I checked the recent update on 343, the list of fixes was still considerable.

Also FWIW: ODST codes should now be in your messages if you played MCC online during the launch window.

Reactions: kingc0bra

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
Planning on giving it a go tonight, it'll be interesting to see how much they've fixed in the four months or so since I last played.

That being said, when I checked the recent update on 343, the list of fixes was still considerable.

Also FWIW: ODST codes should now be in your messages if you played MCC online during the launch window.

How has it been lately?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.