Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zub3qin

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
Is it me or is anyone else able to get this to work?

iCloud Keychain and Safari autofill is not asking to save my login on Macrumors forums!

I've tried and tried to no avail.

Anyone else?
:confused:

manifestao

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2013
iCloud keychain doesn't auto fill on safari forms?

i agreed to let it us its suggested password, but when i went to log in to that same site again, it asked for the password but autofill didnt fill it in. how do you find the password to copy/paste it? shouldn't it work with autofill? odd

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2013
Same here, (stupidly) tested on my Reddit with the suggested password, tried logging back in but no autofill and when i check prefs > passwords all my sites say never saved.

zub3qin

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
edit: It works if you do it on your iOS device.

SOLVED!!
Don't know what the glitch is but if you login from your iOS, it saves to iCloud Keychain and works from your mac!

Many thanks rikscha!

YSR50

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2004
SOLVED!!
Don't know what the glitch is but if you login from your iOS, it saves to iCloud Keychain and works from your mac!

Many thanks rikscha!

So... not so much a "SOLVED!!" as it is a "WORK AROUND!!" :mad:

=E=

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2013
.se
What I did was to put in my login and password, but I did NOT login - instead I refreshed the page and then it worked. Another work around and not a real fix. It works for other pages too, that won't work the "normal" way to save logins.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Still a problem. On the change password screen iCloud keychain suggests a password but doesn't save it.

Try entering the new password but don't login yet, but rather hit command-r to reload the page. That should bring up a prompt to save the new password.

OrganMusic

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2008
Chicago
I found it was saving it under my email instead of user name. So I somehow got it to enter the right password, but I have to change the user name after it fills in the password.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.