Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NineteenPhoto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2014
Hello all,

I'm in search of the LCD Panel for my broken one and a half year old Thunderbolt Display.
The part number is LM270WQ1 SD B3, but it seems to be impossible to find this anywhere. I found one on ebay, but after I ordered it, they literally dropped it when shipping, broke it, and refunded my money.

There are plenty of panels available for iMac's, but the B3 part number index is always different, whether it be A2, C2, etc.

Could anyone help me out in locating the part, or educating me on whether or not the part is interchangeable with the 27" iMac panels?

Thanks so much in advanced!

ThomasB

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2001
I too was in need of a LM270WQ1(SD)(B3) to replace the panel in my thunderbolt display. Same issue - would work for anywhere from 3-30 minutes then flicker a few times and then go black. After hours and hours of searching online I found one obscure reference to a monitor by Yamakasi called Catleap 2703 that uses the same panel. I bought one off eBay for $220 shipped. Just got it today pulled it apart and low and behold it had a LM270WQ1(SD)(B3)!!!

I then had to pull the mounting hardware off the apple panel (which is held on by screws as well as double sided tape) and then pull the glass panel off the Yamakasi panel (help on by tape only). Using the cables from the thunderbolt panel I put it all back in and have been running great for a few hours now.

rm19

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2011
Hello all,

I'm in search of the LCD Panel for my broken one and a half year old Thunderbolt Display.
The part number is LM270WQ1 SD B3, but it seems to be impossible to find this anywhere. I found one on ebay, but after I ordered it, they literally dropped it when shipping, broke it, and refunded my money.

There are plenty of panels available for iMac's, but the B3 part number index is always different, whether it be A2, C2, etc.

Could anyone help me out in locating the part, or educating me on whether or not the part is interchangeable with the 27" iMac panels?

Thanks so much in advanced!
I too was in need of a LM270WQ1(SD)(B3) to replace the panel in my thunderbolt display. Same issue - would work for anywhere from 3-30 minutes then flicker a few times and then go black. After hours and hours of searching online I found one obscure reference to a monitor by Yamakasi called Catleap 2703 that uses the same panel. I bought one off eBay for $220 shipped. Just got it today pulled it apart and low and behold it had a LM270WQ1(SD)(B3)!!!

I then had to pull the mounting hardware off the apple panel (which is held on by screws as well as double sided tape) and then pull the glass panel off the Yamakasi panel (help on by tape only). Using the cables from the thunderbolt panel I put it all back in and have been running great for a few hours now.

I think I'm in a similar situation with one that I bought used, a local repair shop said it wasn't an issue with the logic board but rather an issue with the display.

Is this a surefire way to replace the panel?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.