Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mjshack

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2010
I use "on my mac" calendar but I can't sync it to my iPad/iphone. Any way?
mjshack

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I use "on my mac" calendar but I can't sync it to my iPad/iphone. Any way?
mjshack

Sure... first sign up for a free Apple iCloud account.

Now go to Calendar on the Mac and go to the File menu, then Export, then Export... and save that on the Desktop.

Now after making the iCloud account and turning on Calendar sync, go to the same File menu and import then point to the file you saved from the step above. You will be asked which calendar you want to import to... select the iCloud calendar for import.

Now delete the old On my Mac calendar after making sure everything got imported to iCloud okay.

Now to go your iPhone and turn on iCloud calendar sync and let that data replace the existing calendar data on the phone.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Like mentioned make sure you are logged in on both devices to the same Apple ID and calendar.

Also I would try this on the iPhone goto calendar.app. Then at the bottom in the middle it says "Calendar", click that. From that screen make sure the calendars you want to show are checked. Once you are certain they are pull down on that screen so it refreshes. Then check your calendar to see if the stuff from the Mac is now on the phone.

My calendar will not sync with my iPhone or iPad unless I manually refresh it for some reason.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.