Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bwfc0907

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2008
Bolton, UK
I have an iPhone, iPad and Macbook. I'm getting an Android Sony Z3 Tablet today as I want to test PS4 remote play and if ok will replace the iPad. I have 30 days to return if not happy.

How can I instantly sync Contacts, Notes and Calendar between OS and Android and vice versa whenever changes are made. The calendar is a shared family calendar.

Any help appreciated.

occollegeboi420

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2013
If you haven't already, make a google account. When you add contacts, add them to you google account and SYNC it with google. You can do this through the settings app. I won't go through the directions since you can probably find it online or figure it out yourself.

Same thing with calendar events. Sync with google servers.

There is a way t sync your google contacts with the mac address book app. There are directions online. Just search for how to sync google contacts onto mac address book. I forgot how to do it but I've done it before.

Ok, I just did a quick search and found this link. It says "mavericks" but it should work with lower mac os's as well. If it doesn't I'm sure there are workarounds. Here is the link: http://features.en.softonic.com/syncing-mac-and-android-is-easier-than-you-think

Last edited:

bwfc0907

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2008
Bolton, UK
If you haven't already, make a google account. When you add contacts, add them to you google account and SYNC it with google. You can do this through the settings app. I won't go through the directions since you can probably find it online or figure it out yourself.

Same thing with calendar events. Sync with google servers.

There is a way t sync your google contacts with the mac address book app. There are directions online. Just search for how to sync google contacts onto mac address book. I forgot how to do it but I've done it before.

Ok, I just did a quick search and found this link. It says "mavericks" but it should work with lower mac os's as well. If it doesn't I'm sure there are workarounds. Here is the link: http://features.en.softonic.com/syncing-mac-and-android-is-easier-than-you-think

Thanks for the response.

Contacts I seem ok but because multiple calendars from the family I seem to be struggling syncing 2 ways?

PhiLLoW

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2014
There are a lot of apps for Android who can access the Apple data.

Search for smoothsync for contacts and calendar, inotes for notes, Tasks for iOS reminders.

occollegeboi420

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2013
I use fast notepad. It loads super fast and you can pull the txt files right out of the phone if you connect your phone to your computer and use android file transfer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.