Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

miniamber

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2009
I finally ordered my bag because of macrumors. I was looking for something just like this for the last two months. I wanted something that a man and women could carry. So I ordered the black alligator messenger bag. I just want everyone to know I kept hearing about there customer service. But they have actually been EXCELLENT to me. They email me back immediately because I had so many question. Now I'm just waiting for the bag, I know it says 2-3 weeks so I will have to patiently wait. I'm excited and hope that it turns out like I want it. Thank you macrumors for your help.;)

davido58

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2012
Copper River Bags

Sounds like you had a better experience than I. I love my new Copper River bag but there is no excuse for having customer service that bad. During my purchasing process I had to point out that the description on my invoice was different than what I ordered. I asked for verification that what they were making was what I ordered. A reasonable request but they ignored my email. I emailed again a few days later and got an unsigned & snippy response. After receiving my bag I tried to inquire about an additional accessory for my bag by posting a question to the Copper River Bags Facebook page. Was ignored there too.

Now I know why they guarantee the bags for 100 years. Because if you had a claim you could never reach them. They might as well guarantee the bags for 1000 years.

Last edited:

sandydlc

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2010
I swear I don't work for Saddleback Leather company but these bags appear to be a bad quality reproduction of the Saddleback designs. http://www.saddlebackleather.com

I have several of their products, probably my favorite being my large satchel. I've had it for almost two years and it's looking better and better with every trip I take it on. I also have two of the ladies leather totes (small size). They're really great because you can buy one tote and then go back and buy a shell in another color for a lower price (the liner is interchangeable between the different color tote shells).

Anyway, I encourage those who are considering a bag to check out saddleback. They do cost more than many of the competitors but it will be the last bag you'll ever need to buy. I used to buy a new bag for travel every few months but they all either fell apart or had bad designs. My saddleback satchel looks amazing and the more I use it, the more it's softening up and the more I appreciate the quality of the design and the leather. Many people just buy a wallet to test the leather quality before taking the plunge and getting a bag.

Did I mention that their customer service is incredible? They have live help via phone, chat and email. They're super polite, friendly and helpful - every time. The owner even responds to the fans on their Facebook page when they have questions. Really hard to beat.

davido58

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2012
Choices are good

Sandydlc,
Thank you for posting the Saddleback info. I'm going to keep that in mind for when I need another bag. As you suggested I checked out their site and the bags look great.

Just to be fair to Copper River, while they do indeed need work in the area of customer service, they still do make a great product and I think it's a good value too. I'm quite happy with my bag. Thanks for listening to my previous rant. I just had to let that out.

:apple:

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.