Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JackMcGrath

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Although it's related to the jailbreak, it doesn't seem to be related to mobile substrate. Looks like one of the tweaks modified some files in some way

Wow, my international settings where all set in US, I changed them back to the UK (how they where before, god knows why they changed) and now it's fixed. Siri and Instagram are working again.

Thank you for the help guys.

Cdawg826

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2015
Anon

Try going to https://help.instagram.com/ and click: something's not working> Report a broken feature> Instagram is crashing> File a bug report> Enter your username, email and provide a detailed description (just put it keeps crashing). Now just click on the Instagram icon and it should open up for you:)

sdc2185

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2014
I am having the exact same issue right now. 8.1.2 jb. I can login and then after a second it crashes again. I tried 2 different accounts same result. Happened on the altest version. Previous version worked fine. Any way we can download and install the previous version?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
reboot your phone i was expirencing the same thing and doing so solved the issue
Seems like that was something that was already tried by the OP back when this was posted about 4 years ago. It also seems like this was resolved around the same time as well.

Lolnothingx

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2017
Im running IOS 6.1.2 on a jailbroken iPhone 5.

I was happily using Instagram one minute then the next it just keeps crashing every time i open it. within 2 seconds of pressing the icon it will crash.

Ive tried almost everything, delete and reinstall, soft reboot, hard reboot. Everything but a restore. I really cant afford to lose my jailbreak as i can only restore and upgrade.

PLEASE HELP! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
[doublepost=1505605719][/doublepost]mine does this too!

Atrumnex

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2017
[doublepost=1505605719][/doublepost]mine does this too!

I have been having this problem for over a week now. It started with Instagram randomly freezing. It would freeze and I would have to reboot the app or leave it for a few minutes to unfreeze.

Then I got a mention from a random person that I do not know one day and it just crashed. After that it crashes 5 seconds after I open the app no matter the account. When it crashes it even cuts my ITunes. My entire screen goes black and it cuts off my ITunes music and I have to start my music again. I've never had an app do this before fearless interfere with another app.

I've deleted reloaded rebooted everything. It works for a little while after I download it but then starts to spaz again. I have an iPhone 5 as well. I can't even stay in long enough to report the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.