Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

latisha1903

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2005
houston
I was playing some songs in itunes today and the right speaker I don't think i'm getting any song. i don't feel any vibrations on that side!!! i couldnt hear the background in one of my songs from itunes. this pbg4 won't be a year old till april of this year. what's up with that??!

anyone else had this problem. I'm new to mac...and this is very upsetting. considering that my pbg4 doesnt' get out much and i don't even really use the speakers really..

what next the keyboard? ugh

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
latisha1903 said:
I was playing some songs in itunes today and the right speaker I don't think i'm getting any song. i don't feel any vibrations on that side!!! i couldnt hear the background in one of my songs from itunes. this pbg4 won't be a year old till april of this year. what's up with that??!

anyone else had this problem. I'm new to mac...and this is very upsetting. considering that my pbg4 doesnt' get out much and i don't even really use the speakers really..

what next the keyboard? ugh

Your speaker probably is not out. Search this site -- I think it is a setting that you have to change.

rosalindavenue

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2003
Virginia, USA
My ibook did that too-- there is a bug in 10.4 that occasionally sets the speaker balance all the way to the left. Go to system preferences-- sound-- output and put the balance slider back to the center.

latisha1903

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2005
houston
faintember said:
Go to System Preferences>Sound>Output and make sure the Balance slider is in the middle. My PB used to do that occasionally, as it has with other peoples PB's.

thank God! how the heck did it do that....i was perplexed. but thanks for informing me...that was the problem i was just looking dumbfounded. so glad to have these forums.

thanks

faintember

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
the ruins of the Cherokee nation
latisha1903 said:
thank God! how the heck did it do that....i was perplexed. but thanks for informing me...that was the problem i was just looking dumbfounded. so glad to have these forums.

thanks
like rosalindaavenue said, it is a bug in 10.4 (although i have had it happen with 10.2 as well). In my experience it always seems to be linked with either force quitting and audio application or having to do a hard restart. Either way, i havent had this problem since 10.4.2, so if you havent done your system updates, now might be a good time.

Glad to have helped!

Zmmyt

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2005
Hehe, had the same problem. I was so shocked! I still don't know how I did set the balance wrong!

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
I had that problem with my iBook in 10.4.2 and 10.4.3, I can't say if there is a pattern to exactly when the balance becomes off. I have just recently upgraded to OS 10.4.4 so we'll see if the problem still occurs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.