Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
I just say "remind me to do this on X day at X time"....google now creates an alarm that reminds me. Otherwise I use Keep for notes that is supported by google now as well.

Unfortunately Google decided to bury reminders in Google Now, rather than having a separate app. Weird, since they seem to have a separate app for everything else.

Also seems to be a bug where a reminder set by voice will not always cause an audible/vibrate alarm... so if I don't see it in notifications or menu bar I may miss it. I believe the fix is to tap the onscreen button to set the alarm, rather than verbally replying yes.

That said I do use Google Now for setting quick reminders. I just can't seem to "trust" it 100%.

Mike

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Unfortunately Google decided to bury reminders in Google Now, rather than having a separate app. Weird, since they seem to have a separate app for everything else.

Also seems to be a bug where a reminder set by voice will not always cause an audible/vibrate alarm... so if I don't see it in notifications or menu bar I may miss it. I believe the fix is to tap the onscreen button to set the alarm, rather than verbally replying yes.

That said I do use Google Now for setting quick reminders. I just can't seem to "trust" it 100%.

Mike

What do you mean buried? It is at the very bottom of the google now cards and looks like a wand? It has been very reliable for me, but I do use a nexus.

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
What do you mean buried? It is at the very bottom of the google now cards and looks like a wand? It has been very reliable for me, but I do use a nexus.

That is exactly what I meant by buried. To view my reminders I have to open Google Now and scroll to the very bottom (well I now use the menu button as a shortcut). That is just bizarre in my opinion.

Edit: Okay it looks like you can now say "show me my reminders" in Google Now to view them, similar to show me my appointments. I still would prefer a separate app though--just like calendar. Also, you can't even tap on a reminder that is shown to edit it... as you can an appointment. Just seems odd to me and in my opinion Google needs some kind of Reminders app.

Mike

Last edited:

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
That is exactly what I meant by buried. To view my reminders I have to open Google Now and scroll to the very bottom (well I now use the menu button as a shortcut). That is just bizarre in my opinion.

Edit: Okay it looks like you can now say "show me my reminders" in Google Now to view them, similar to show me my appointments. I still would prefer a separate app though--just like calendar. Also, you can't even tap on a reminder that is shown to edit it... as you can an appointment. Just seems odd to me and in my opinion Google needs some kind of Reminders app.

Mike

another good thing is they show in "inbox" if you are using that for email :)

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
another good thing is they show in "inbox" if you are using that for email :)

Indeed. And right after I posted that I came across and downloaded google's Calendar 5.0... and it too has Reminders included. Can mark them as done but not edit. It is a start. ;)

Michael

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Is there a way to set repeat reminders on keep?

Not sure on keep, but if you

Ok Google

Remind me to <reminder name> every <day, individual day, time interval> at/starting <time>

It should do it. I have a couple set up like this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.