Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sevanw

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
It seems Tizen can run extremely smooth even on hardware that's very lacking. I'd really be interested to run Tizen on a old S3 or S4 if a port was possible. I like how the scrolling is very responsive to the touch movement. It's almost immediate.

http://www.sammobile.com/2015/01/19/video-tizen-appears-quite-fast-and-smooth-even-on-low-end-hardware/

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Yep saw a demo of it a while back and was impressed myself. I just hope that they do the same to their Touchwiz GUI and spend as much time optimising it from scratch. Tizen proves that they can streamline if they build from the base up rather than simply add more and more features on old code as they seem to do with Touchwiz / Android. However rumours around the S6 seem to indicate they may be doing this which is good.

I hope to see Tizen in a flagship and I would like to see how it handles Android applications - if there is a big overhead like in Blackberry 10 running android apps.

ecrispy

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2013
WP proved that a mobile OS can be extremely smooth and fast on very low end hardware.

If only the Tizen and TouchWiz teams could share some engineers now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.