Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rud3Bwoy

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
when i mirror etc its laggy i sometimes have to dc both apple tv and mac several times

i have a apple router airport extreme 2tb etc as well

300/20 mb and this is the only item i have issues with can't figure it out?!

rneglia

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2006
when i mirror etc its laggy i sometimes have to dc both apple tv and mac several times

I'm having the exact same problem. WHY does the Apple TV suck so bad?

:eek::apple::eek::apple::eek::apple:

2010mini

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2013

Ethernet or wifi? Details will get you better answers my friend.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
I gave up on locally streaming from my apple TV. it used to work fine in the past but somehow it turned to crap. like I can stream stuff from Netflix which actually has to download first just fine but as soon as I try to locally stream something from my iTunes library it buffers forever than the bar suddenly jumps to 30% loaded before it takes forever to buffer again.

Boyd01

Staff member
Feb 21, 2012
New Jersey Pine Barrens
Hmm. I have two AppleTVs with a library on fast USB 3 disk on a Mac Mini that is dedicated as an iTunes server. Everything is connected with gigabit ethernet. Movies load quickly and are very responsive when I scrub through them. I have tested file copies from the Mini on another Mac with gigabit ethernet and I get over 100MB/sec.

Sounds like you have some kind of network issues...

AFEPPL

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2014
England
Sounds like WiFi - i don't get any issues on the 4 ethernet attached devices i have, the WiFi one on the other hand, is pants.

This is since 10.10, patch reduced drop outs - but didnt fix them.

sodapop1

Suspended
Sep 7, 2014
I only have issues when trying to stream directly from the iTunes Store/iCloud. Streaming locally from my NAS works great all the time.

Rud3Bwoy

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
wifi but i have agreat router

5ghz band

300/20 down nothing in my house has issues but this apple tv.

as of late hasn't been doing it but i got a new router and dropped that crappy apple time capsule

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.