Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aivarazzz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2015
Can someone please help me, i've got cs 1.6 on macbook pro and it was working fine and then i think i pressed something on the video settings in the game and from then on when i try to launch the game it goes to black screen and then straight back to desktop. Please help me. Thanks.

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
Counter-Strike has a native version that can be run with the Mac Steam client, so there's no need for you to use a wrapper.

okuzcukk

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2015
I got the same problem and I'm going crazy!!

I installed non steam 1.6 and it works just fine. And then I was personalizing it and at the display settings I go 1280 to 1900, when I hit ok button it goes and never came back.

I tried everything, instaliing again, uninstallng again again again. Tried another setups.. ( changing the dlls and everything )

The game just wont start.. It just dont.

and at the library / preferences , there is no such thing as counter strike or it's pref files.

I dont know what to do.

I'm using 2.7 i7, 16gb, os X 10.9.5

How can I undo everything I done and get back to 1280 and my happy days?

Thanks.

okuzcukk

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2015
I got the same problem and I'm going crazy!!

I installed non steam 1.6 and it works just fine. And then I was personalizing it and at the display settings I go 1280 to 1900, when I hit ok button it goes and never came back.

I tried everything, instaliing again, uninstallng again again again. Tried another setups.. ( changing the dlls and everything )

The game just wont start.. It just dont.

and at the library / preferences , there is no such thing as counter strike or it's pref files.

I dont know what to do.

I'm using 2.7 i7, 16gb, os X 10.9.5

How can I undo everything I done and get back to 1280 and my happy days?

Thanks.

I solved my problem with changing the display configuration of my mac book pro. It came back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.