Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
I am using the personal hotspot on my iphone 6 plus so I can stream videos etc to my ipad air 2. Set this up yesterday. The weird thing is whenever I watch stuff on my ipad the data usage section on my iphone doesn't increase. It only increases if I actually try to watch soemthing or use something on the phone itself. I am installed the app "My Data Manager" and this clearly shows all the data from my ipad an iphone combined and data usage increases when I stream to my ipad.

Why does the data usage on my ipad not show under the mobile data usage section of my phone? (obviously I don't have a data usage section on my ipad it is a wifi only version.)

Thanks

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
I am using the personal hotspot on my iphone 6 plus so I can stream videos etc to my ipad air 2. Set this up yesterday. The weird thing is whenever I watch stuff on my ipad the data usage section on my iphone doesn't increase. It only increases if I actually try to watch soemthing or use something on the phone itself. I am installed the app "My Data Manager" and this clearly shows all the data from my ipad an iphone combined and data usage increases when I stream to my ipad.

Why does the data usage on my ipad not show under the mobile data usage section of my phone? (obviously I don't have a data usage section on my ipad it is a wifi only version.)

Thanks

Seems normal to me. TetherMe isn't going to show up in the iPhone's data monitor because it's not an App (it's a tweak installed outside the App store, and it's not an official apple system app), so looks like the data monitor tool doesn't catch the data one of the phones apps or system processes is using.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.