Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skallal

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2012
I've lost 4-finger gestures on my Trackpad w/ Trackpad++. It was working the other day. I install the latest Trackpad++ and Power Plan Assistant, but still doesn't work. I could try a full uninstall and re-install on each, but need to find my registration codes first.

Any ideas Vladimir?

Steve

Edit: I was able to straighten things out about uninstalling Trackpad++ and Power Plan Assistant. Then I did a repair on the Apple Bootcamp drivers. Then I re-installed Power Plan Assistant and then Trackpad++. Now the Trackpad is working properly.

Last edited:

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@skallal: Good to know it's been resolved. Maybe the issue was on the Boot Camp driver side, since as you indicated reinstalling it fixed everything. Just to make it clear, the Trackpad++ driver neither contains, nor modifies the original Apple code, yet it does depend on the Boot Camp HID drivers stack, because architecturally it's integrated into it.

Whalensdad

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2006
Trackpad is TOO Sensitive

Is there a way to dial back the sensitivity of the trackpad? It senses a brush as a tap. I'm accidentally opening programs and clicking on links when I don't want to.

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@Whalensdad: Trackpad sensitivity can be noticeably different across different models, because the trackpad device is operated with a controller chip (by the way made by Broadcom) and this chip has different firmware in different generations and models. During 2013-2014 I can remember just 2-3 reports from owners of Mid-2012 and later Macbook Pro models, and a few more from older, and especially older Macbook Airs. Also the trackpad works well for me (maybe it's a bit, just a little bit more sensitive than optimal). Actually I could try to artificially limit sensitivity with some realtime analysis of the resulting touch area square, this could introduce some side effects, and also will never be reliable, as these characteristics of the fingers are absolutely unique for each person...

usagichan

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2014
Please help! Test Mode! (Windows 8.1, Macbook Pro 2014 model)

@Chip Moody, @ender7: Here is a small standalone fix (cooked by me) http://powerplan7.com/Windows_8_81_x64_Test_Mode_Remover.zip (Usage: unzip, run as administrator, reboot). You can use it whenever some Windows update reverts the setting, which may happen only with very major updates, 1-2 times per year.

@DaveNinja: It's an ultimate manual/automatic power plan switcher with a compact yet very informative battery icon replacement option and some Macbook-specific enhancements (like the instant keyboard backlight toggle, wi-fi/bluetooth radio toggles). Here are the 'left-click' and 'right-click' Power Plan Assistant's popup menus (i.e. what you get by clicking its battery percentage icon):

I have tried EVERYTHING! I've read this entire thread :confused: Still have "Test Mode Windows 8.1 Build 9600" showing.

To confirm for you, I have done all of the following:

1. Installed Power Plan Assistant v3.1 (working fine)
2. Installed TP ++ (working fine)
3. Downloaded above mentioned zip. and extracted all files
4. Ran as administrator and rebooted computer numerous times.

Still no luck!! Please help me :(

I don't actually think the exe. is running? It quickly opens up what looks like cmd promt, says

"Windows 8 x64 - Remove Test Mode Nag Message.
Could not detect locale for resolving watermarks! Tried en-US and en-AU"

and then closes. When I try to restart I am getting this message:

Micrsoft .NET Framework

Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore the error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\Boot Camp\Bootcamp.exe' because it is being used by another process.

Needless to say I have been clicking, "Continue." And then restarting.

Last edited:

usagichan

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2014
Near enough, I suppose

Well this is sad. Spent so many hours trying to fix this. And I did fix it: only if I put into US English!? I don't know why it hates UK English or AUS? But anyway, not too pleased. If there is any way around this, please let me know. Otherwise I guess I'll just have ignore spell check from now on! :(

GoSooners

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2011
PowerPlan7 website down

I'm having trouble accessing the site. Anyone else? I just installed Win7 64-bit via Bootcamp and would like to try this app out.

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@GoSooners: Website of the Trackpad++ and Power Plan Assistant projects is up and running since 2010 for entire planet, except of AT&T network (e.g. Uverse). Only this single provider does not allow the people to open the website by pretending that the website is down. This story started a few years ago, and there is still no explanation why something is available for all the world, even in North Korea perhaps, but not in AT&T network.

@usagichan: the 'Test Mode' fix 100% works for US English locale, and for many other languages of Europe, Asia. I'm sorry, but it may not work with every culture because of the way Windows localization works.

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@ALL: Is anybody using Trackpad++ after the latest Windows 8.1 update KB3011780? For me everything works fine, but one man reported an issue where the gestures stopped working, so I'm just double-checking with the community.

Last edited:

Chip Moody

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2014
"Test Mode" back...

A recent Win 7 update has brought the "Test Mode" watermark back again. When I try to launch the utility to re-hide it, I get the attached dialog message.

Is there another, newer procedure to fix this?

Thanks,
- Chip

Attachments

• error test mode.PNG
    error test mode.PNG
    30.3 KB · Views: 229

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@Chip Moody: The mentioned .dll file is included in the fix archive posted in this thread (there are two files in the archive, .exe and .dll). I think you saved only .exe file after initially unpacking the archive, and ignored the .dll file.

@frompast: Thanks for mentioning this article, but I have to tell, it's much outdated, even being formally updated in 2014. They have not downloaded the recent version of the driver, in which it not only got the new features, but also has received totally new user interface, and finally got 100% configurable gestures. Just in case, here is one screen shot of the recent version of Trackpad++ captured in Windows 8.1: http://www.trackpad.powerplan7.com/Screen_Shot_Trackpad_Plus_Plus_v30.png

lord69

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2014
HI
I'm a new mac user and I should really thank you for your amazing softwares.
If I want to get a serial number for both the trackpad++ and powerplan 7, how much should I donate?!!
Thanks

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@lord69: Thank you very much. I'm responding with a private message (I cannot make the public posts about the donations, as this would not conform with MacRumors Forums rules).

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@lord69: Could you check again please. Thank you.

@ALL: A note about Windows 10 Technical Preview via Boot Camp. So far everything is working in W10, I mean all of the Trackpad++ gestures and enhancements. Just in case :)

svk7

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2015
Trackpad++ Solved my Bootcamp Trackpad Driver Issues

My friend has a 15" MBP, while I have a 13" MBP. I'm an engineering student, and therefore it's helpful to have a Windows partition on my computer as most programs haven't been ported to OS X. However, unlike my friend's MBP W7 partition, which works flawlessly, when I installed Windows onto mine the trackpad wouldn't work at all. The keyboard, audio, and everything else seemed to work perfectly fine. But the trackpad, no matter what drivers I installed from Apple's Software Center, would not work, which is obviously a huge problem. Then I came across Trackpad++: Alternate Trackpad Driver and decided to give it a try since I was pretty desperate, trying anything I came across. It worked like a charm, and now my trackpad is up and running extremely smoothly. I've actually used both my friend's MBP W7 partition in addition to my own and found the Windows 7 trackpad experience was much smoother using Trackpad++ than the default Apple drivers my friend installed when setting up his Bootcamp partition.

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@ALL: Could somebody confirm if everything in Trackpad++ works with the new build of Windows 10 Technical Preview? It's build 9926. Thank You.

Jackeee

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2015
@ALL: Could somebody confirm if everything in Trackpad++ works with the new build of Windows 10 Technical Preview? It's build 9926. Thank You.
I got it to work with Windows 10 Enterprise Technical Preview 9926. But had to run the installation three times. First time got the message about not communicating with driver properly. Since it recommended to reinstall, I did so, reboot, and the same message. Was going to give up but gave it another try and all is working. Is it the known thing? Anyways, thanks for your good work.

doynton

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2014
There are the following issues with x64 9926 Pro on MacbookPro10.2.

1. Powerplan tries to install OpenCandy PUP (blocked by Malwarebytes).
2. Powerplan gives error below left on install.
3. Powerplan when installed, after reboot keyboard and mouse stop working at all - I needed to repair windows.
4. After fixing windows and rebooting the other error (on right) is received when Powerplan starts:
5. After installing Trackpad++ it seems to work OK however scrolling is very jerky (compared to 5.1 bootcamp drivers)
6. Uninstall leaves "PowerPlanAssistant" in the "Program Files" directory and tasks for both PowerPlan and Trackpad++ in task scheduler.

Attachments

• Powerplan install.PNG
    Powerplan install.PNG
    60.7 KB · Views: 267
  • power plan7.PNG
    power plan7.PNG
    18.4 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:

Jackeee

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2015
Just another 5c, on my Late 2013 rMBP Power Plan installed with no errors and no issues. It did display the ****** ad during the install, though. Anyways, I've an antivirus from TrendMicro, and it passed the installation through without warnings.

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@Jackeee, @doynton: Thank you for the feedback.

As for the Trackpad++, it has no ads (and never had).

The Power Plan Assistant is the prerequisite for Trackpad++, so let me use this thread for an important announcement. I'll use a bit of the capital letters ;):

OpenCandy ad platform started to be recognized as adware/malware by too many antivirus products. And I do listen to the community. SO TODAY OPENCANDY ADS SYSTEM HAS BEEN COMPLETELY REMOVED FROM POWER PLAN ASSISTANT. THE NEW BUILD FROM 02/26/2015 IS TOTALLY FREE FROM ADS.

And, just, to restate: as for the Trackpad++ itself, it has never had any ads. It has been clean, and still is.

About the Power Plan Assistant and Windows 10 build 9926: installs fine for me, no errors, no warnings. If somebody else is receiving the error messages, please email them to me for further analysis.

Jackeee

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2015
@Jackeee, @doynton: Thank you for the feedback.

As for the Trackpad++, it has no ads (and never had).

The Power Plan Assistant is the prerequisite for Trackpad++, so let me use this thread for an important announcement. I'll use a bit of the capital letters ;):

OpenCandy ad platform started to be recognized as adware/malware by too many antivirus products. And I do listen to the community. SO TODAY OPENCANDY ADS SYSTEM HAS BEEN COMPLETELY REMOVED FROM POWER PLAN ASSISTANT. THE NEW BUILD FROM 02/26/2015 IS TOTALLY FREE FROM ADS.

And, just, to restate: as for the Trackpad++ itself, it has never had any ads. It has been clean, and still is.

About the Power Plan Assistant and Windows 10 build 9926: installs fine for me, no errors, no warnings. If somebody else is receiving the error messages, please email them to me for further analysis.

Good for you Vlad, people gladly donate for the truly ads-free apps. Alright, not just 'apps', but supercalifragilistic drivers))) Thanks again for your work on this. Take care. Jack.

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@ALL: The project has migrated to a better hosting, but retained the same address for your convenience (http://trackpad.powerplan7.com).

Some AT&T U-Verse users had previously reported issues with the availability of the website. Could somebody who is in this network let me know if the website is available from your location now. Thank you very much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.