Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
A rip off. o2 are probably the worst UK network I've ever used. No signal throughout and support was useless. Just cancelled my direct debit in the end. Not paying £20 a month for nothing.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I'm not pleased. I'm with O2 and i'm happy with their service. Three on the other hand are crap and their customer service is awful.

mojolicious

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2014
Sarf London
Hmmm.

Have three kinda 02 accounts – two giffgaffs and a Tesco Mobile. I'm as happy with the network coverage and billing as I've been with any operator, and any problems I experienced with the initial PACs and transfer dates etc were quickly sorted out (whether by 02 or by virtual network employees I have no idea).

Hopefully Three will buy them up then leave well alone. I've still not quite recovered from the traumas of being an Orange customer during the EE transition...

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Hopefully Three will buy them up then leave well alone. I've still not quite recovered from the traumas of being an Orange customer during the EE transition...

Part of the condition of allowing the sale of O2 to Three in Ireland was that existing carriers who use O2's network such as Tesco Mobile would still be allowed to carry on. Indeed we have 48Months , Tesco Mobile, eMobile, Meteor and O2 all using that network - and it's been unaffected by Hutchisons take over of O2 - so I would assume the same will happen in the UK.

lugworm

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2011
UK
Been with Tesco/O2 for a few years now, never had any problems up here in Northumberland.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Disagree

They have been great for me...signal is great

I have a contract with three, my OH uses the contract. He can't get a signal at home. Maybe it's where I live but signal coverage is really poor but I get a good signal with O2. Also I don't like Three's customer services. They are too long winded. I've authorised my boyfriend on my three account so that I don't have to deal with them.

They are cheaper than O2 but for me the saving isn't worth it as signal coverage isn't great here.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Any idea if this will affect 3/O2 customers? I've been with both O2 and Three, I'm with Three at the moment and were pretty happy with both to be honest.

Is it going to be like Orange's/T-Mobile's merger or something that is only really felt at the executive level?

I just want them to leave my £15/month unlimited 4G alone :eek:

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Any idea if this will affect 3/O2 customers? I've been with both O2 and Three, I'm with Three at the moment and were pretty happy with both to be honest.

Is it going to be like Orange's/T-Mobile's merger or something that is only really felt at the executive level?

I just want them to leave my £15/month unlimited 4G alone :eek:

As I posted earlier if they do the same as they did last year when three bought O2 here, both entities will remain and contract will continue unaffected.

Technically they have to, any change in your contract changing terms on their side allows the consumer to exit it without penalty, which would be a disaster. So yeah - it will continue unaffected for end user.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
As I posted earlier if they do the same as they did last year when three bought O2 here, both entities will remain and contract will continue unaffected.

Technically they have to, any change in your contract changing terms on their side allows the consumer to exit it without penalty, which would be a disaster. So yeah - it will continue unaffected for end user.

Ah, but the £15/month deal is technically a PAYG bolt on on a 30-day rolling contract.

It's already gone up from £12.90 in the past few months, please don't increase the price any more!

Moonjumper

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2009
Lincoln, UK
Hopefully it means customers of either will have access to coverage from both set of masts, leading to a better signal in more places.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.