Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

magicMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
UK
now that apple are doing 3D mapping in many cities around the world, I wonder if they could use this to build a flight simulator!

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Apple really doesn't do games, and I don't think there's much of a market for flight simulators these days.

EthanLMT

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2015
If anyone would do that it would probably be Google... They did it a while ago with Google Earth and I don't see why they couldn't do it again with the new Google Maps Street View and what not.

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
I was big on flight sims a long time ago now. Just as with real aviation, drones seem to be the in thing, a lot more fun to fly a Parrot or any one of the dozens of other flying smartdevice-controlled flying toys out there than to fly some pixels.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
Apple really doesn't do games, and I don't think there's much of a market for flight simulators these days.

Tell that to X-Plane 10 users. That and Infinite Flight rate/rank pretty highly in the iOS charts. Mac and PC also sell a lot of copies of it. I agree though - Apple don't make games.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Tell that to X-Plane 10 users. That and Infinite Flight rate/rank pretty highly in the iOS charts. Mac and PC also sell a lot of copies of it. I agree though - Apple don't make games.

X-Plane, and Prepar3d. Both are very strong simulators with a large and vocal community.

BL.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.