Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
I don't think it really deflects sound that well to front on D&G. When playing a song, more comes out bottom than front in my opinion. Unfortunate to say, LP and D&G don't sound that well. It isn't unbearable by any means but definitely muffles speaker phone sound a tiny amount. Using ear speaker it kind of reverberates a little but again, not bad. When using external speaker LP and D&G really are so close when compared... BUT I think when it comes to ear speaker, LP wins marginally. Confused yet? Lol answer your questions?

Thanks, you definitely covered my question. I'll probably go with the Nuud once it is available.

Allograft

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2014
Has anyone compared all of the available waterproof cases for incoming and outgoing call quality from the handset (not the speakerphone)? My wife has an Otterbox Preserver (original + a replacement) and they both have terrible incoming sound quality from the handset's speaker.

I get that each will have some degradation, but the the Preserver is really awful

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
Put Dog and Bone on tonight with my Zagg Glass. Tight fit. Last time I tried was afraid. Seems to fit just unsure if it still seals and not about to dunk phone to find out. Using flashlight to look around edges looks about same as without glass. Anyone else with wetsuit provide insight? I'd snap pic but virtually impossible while phone in case to see where rubber meets front but looks to be lying flat...can't tell for sure but looks like rubber seal is going beside Zagg glass like it wasn't there.

jm12345

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2007
Put Dog and Bone on tonight with my Zagg Glass. Tight fit. Last time I tried was afraid. Seems to fit just unsure if it still seals and not about to dunk phone to find out. Using flashlight to look around edges looks about same as without glass. Anyone else with wetsuit provide insight? I'd snap pic but virtually impossible while phone in case to see where rubber meets front but looks to be lying flat...can't tell for sure but looks like rubber seal is going beside Zagg glass like it wasn't there.

I have been looking at this setup (D&B case with Zagg Glass). I usually care my phone in a sleeve, however when I am working in the garage or in the yard I like to put it in a rugged case (such as a LifeProof or D&B). I have the LifeProof Fre right now for my iPhone 6 and I am not incredibly happy with it.

With the Zagg Glass and the D&B case, have you found any downfalls to this? No cracking of the glass? I am guessing you didn't test it to see if it was still waterproof?

Thanks.

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
Dog and Bone Wetsuit VS Lunatik Aquatik(IP 6)

I have been looking at this setup (D&B case with Zagg Glass). I usually care my phone in a sleeve, however when I am working in the garage or in the yard I like to put it in a rugged case (such as a LifeProof or D&B). I have the LifeProof Fre right now for my iPhone 6 and I am not incredibly happy with it.

With the Zagg Glass and the D&B case, have you found any downfalls to this? No cracking of the glass? I am guessing you didn't test it to see if it was still waterproof?

Thanks.

I used it briefly with Zagg Glass. Ended up pulling Zagg Glass off. Just made me too nervous because case just didn't fit together as tight as with with. Yea, definitely didn't test it for water proof. Might work relatively good or perfect. I just wasn't brave enough, sorry.

Also, D&G apparently sell their own glass screen protector they advertise to work with case. I'd personally suggest pursuing that avenue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.