Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mullinsmikey

Cancelled
Original poster
Jan 21, 2015
Hi everyone. Who knows what's this stripe like some kind of progress bar in Dock?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-22 at 11.44.38 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-01-22 at 11.44.38 AM.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 93

pickaxe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2012
looks like a progress bar that got drawn in the wrong place. try killing the Dock to see if it goes away
to kill the Dock open terminal and type "killall Dock".

mullinsmikey

Cancelled
Original poster
Jan 21, 2015
looks like a progress bar that got drawn in the wrong place. try killing the Dock to see if it goes away
to kill the Dock open terminal and type "killall Dock".

Tried to reboot my Mac. Shows up sometimes. And yes, you're right - it's just bar under the "Downloads" shortcut. Well... not exactly under.

VSG

Contributor
Aug 9, 2014
I was beginning to think I'm the only one. :roll eyes:

I did notice however, this happens most of the time when saving something to the downloads folder. In my case it usually is depicted as a not complete progress-bar, even if the download has finished. Moving the file doesn't help. I had to restart every time to fix it.

How do I restart the dock separately?

Another thing: When you don't restart soon after that happens, the system tends to get unstable and when restarting the Finder seems to hang for a long time.

Hope this gets fixed soon.

w0lf

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2013
USA
I was beginning to think I'm the only one. :roll eyes:

I did notice however, this happens most of the time when saving something to the downloads folder. In my case it usually is depicted as a not complete progress-bar, even if the download has finished. Moving the file doesn't help. I had to restart every time to fix it.

How do I restart the dock separately?

Another thing: When you don't restart soon after that happens, the system tends to get unstable and when restarting the Finder seems to hang for a long time.

Hope this gets fixed soon.

Read the post above you.

Code:
killall Dock

You'll need to open terminal to run that.

You could also make a script or application to restart the dock if it happens really frequently to you.

You can also just quit the dock process in Activity Monitor.

VSG

Contributor
Aug 9, 2014
Read the post above you.

Code:
killall Dock

I did read the post above me. My question was how to restart the dock. Since I don't know, I imagine "killall" simply kills the process. But how do I restart it? ;)

Best regards,
VSG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.