Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dobbs2

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 5, 2008
I'm in a Radiology program and our program director gave us all discs that were purchased for all students to help study for our Radiology Certifications. We were given permission to make iso files to help distribute this application for people who did not have disc drives. They however did not provide us with the ISO file, or any other digital file. I have ran disk utility and made the ISO file. I then gave it to my teacher to upload to our school's dropbox folders.

This file works for all Macs, Windows 7 and below. On Windows 8 we run into trouble. It says the ISO is either corrupt or unparsed.

Any ideas on how to fix this for my fellow students? I know it is not corrupt because its only Windows 8.

Dobbs2

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 5, 2008
Recreate the ISOs using as windows 8 machine?

The Windows 8 machines don't have disc drives. Thats the problem. I'm one of the few that can make an ISO and also has a disc drive. I just happen to be on a Mac.

What is the problem that Windows 8.1 is having with this?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'm not sure, but you can share the dvd drive from another computer and create an ISO that way, though it may be rather slow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.