Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

compute

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if other people here experience the same problem or know of a solution to this really annoying problem.

When my nap wakes up from sleep turning the volume up or down (with the keyboard buttons) has no effect on the sound level.

When i click the buttons on the keyboard to raise or lower the volume i do hear the "bip bip bip" sound, but there is no difference in volume. Also the bipbipbip sound does not change in volume no mather if i click it up or down, normally the sound should fade out when clicking it down but this does not happen.

To fix this i have to put the computer back into sleep mode and wake it up...manually putting it in sleep mode and waking it up does seem to fix the problem, but soon as my computer turns into sleep mode on itself and i wake it up after returning to my desk i have the sound problem.

Tried resetting the system but to no succes. Does anyone experience the same problem and has a solution please?

I also have the idea this problem started showing up after i upgraded to Yosemite.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.