Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

allenawatson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2011
Using Yosemite beta and iOS 8, when I receive an incoming call on my phone and answer it on the phone, it keeps ringing endlessly on my Mac until I go to the Mac to silence it by clicking Accept or Decline.

Is there some way I can make the Mac stop ringing when I answer the phone? Or must I disable the handoff feature on my phone (not desirable)?

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
I noticed my girlfriend's iPad was doing the exact same thing over the weekend. She finally just turned off the Handoff feature until they push a fix.

allenawatson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2011
Yeah, but even though I answer on the iPhone, for me the ringing never stops until I go to the Mac screen and click on the notification there. As another reply suggests, I'm turning off Handoff until this gets fixed.:(

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
A little related. I can hear on my Mac but I can't be heard. Mic is working for everything else and even Input Level shows a signal in System Preferences.

mrwfive

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2008
Same issue.

A little related. I can hear on my Mac but I can't be heard. Mic is working for everything else and even Input Level shows a signal in System Preferences.

I'm having this same issue. It seems that no matter what I do in my settings, the *only* mic that will currently work is the Macbook Pro's internal mic. I've spent a lot of time trying to get various external mics to work, and I cannot.

dhjdhj

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2008
When I answer my iPhone call on my Mac, I continue to hear the ringing tone on my Mac, for the entire duration of the call. This has happened twice now.

Anyone know how to fix this?

DamnDJ

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2003
Baltimore
Same here. I just figured the Mac remains ringing as some sort of notification until you dismiss it. If it's working as intended, that's a pretty annoying "feature".

borostef

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
My Mac keeps on ringing for ten or fifteen seconds after I answer a call on my iPhone... Then it stops... Still annoying, the person I'm talking to usually asks: "What's that ringing in the background?" :)

jozeppy26

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2008
St. Louis
My Mac keeps on ringing for ten or fifteen seconds after I answer a call on my iPhone... Then it stops... Still annoying, the person I'm talking to usually asks: "What's that ringing in the background?" :)

Same here. Phone calls scare the crap out of me now too, lol. My macbook hooked up to desktop speakers, my iPhone, and my iPad all ring different ringtones at the same time.

Davidglenn

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2014
Using Yosemite beta and iOS 8, when I receive an incoming call on my phone and answer it on the phone, it keeps ringing endlessly on my Mac until I go to the Mac to silence it by clicking Accept or Decline.

I have the same issue. Even after I have finished the phone call and hung up on my iPhone the MBP still keeps ringing. I have to go to the MBP and hit decline to stop the ringing.

borostef

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
Same here. Phone calls scare the crap out of me now too, lol. My macbook hooked up to desktop speakers, my iPhone, and my iPad all ring different ringtones at the same time.

Tell me about it... The first few phone calls after this feature was introduced were amazing, iPhone, two Macs and two iPads all ringing at the same time, with their own ringtones... Since then I have disabled phone calls on my Mac Mini because it is hooked up to desktop speakers and I can't risk a trip to the hospital every time my phone rings... :)

Healz

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2012
iPad keeps ringing

Same thing here. However, my Macbook Pro stops ringing after I pick up the call on my iPhone, but my iPad Air 2 continues ringing. I don't know how long it would have kept going; I just decided to hit the down volume key to silence it. So annoying. I hope Apple fixes this soon! :(

luckylisp

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2006
NY state
Same problem here. When I answer a call on my iPhone 5s, my iPad continues to ring for about 30 seconds. Very annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.