Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blackomen

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2015
US
Hm, I'm not sure whats happening with that, I dont have classic mode installed on any of my macs. The starter app works fine on all my powermacs and powerbooks with only leopard installed.

----------

Since kondre2000 made a public download link, I have removed it from my dropbox. Thanks kondre!

Also, wanted to post the applescript I used in case any of you were curious. I'm not the author (I'm terrible with applescript).

-----------

property user_name : "Player"
display dialog "Enter A User Name" default answer "" buttons {"Cancel", "Continue"} default button 2
set the user_name to text returned of the result

set UsrApp to (path to current user folder)
set UsrApp_unx to POSIX path of UsrApp

set MineScript to "java -cp " & UsrApp_unx & "Library/Application\\ Support/minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar:" & UsrApp_unx & "Library/Application\\ Support/minecraft/bin/lwjgl.jar:" & UsrApp_unx & "Library/Application\\ Support/minecraft/bin/lwjgl_util.jar:" & UsrApp_unx & "Library/Application\\ Support/minecraft/bin/jinput.jar: -Djava.library.path=" & UsrApp_unx & "Library/Application\\ Support/minecraft/bin/natives -Xmx1024M -Xms512M net.minecraft.client.Minecraft '" & user_name & "'"

do shell script MineScript

---------------

I reunpacked the zip file and now it's getting closer. When I launch your minecraft ppc 1.5.1 file it asks for a name then it pops up with:
" Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/client/Minecraft"

Is that a problem with my Java?

Last edited:

Surrat

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2014
United States
Did you copy the minecraft folder in the zip file to the correct location? It has to be in the original install location since the starter app looks for it there only. You can run the starter app from the desktop, but the minecraft folder and its contents have to be in your "username\library\application support" folder.

That error sounds like its not finding the files, I havent seen that error on any of my powermacs.

Also, open your java control panel in your applications\utilities folder. Make sure that 1.5 is checked, and the older 1.4.2 is not checked.

Blackomen

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2015
US
Did you copy the minecraft folder in the zip file to the correct location? It has to be in the original install location since the starter app looks for it there only. You can run the starter app from the desktop, but the minecraft folder and its contents have to be in your "username\library\application support" folder.

That error sounds like its not finding the files, I havent seen that error on any of my powermacs.

Also, open your java control panel in your applications\utilities folder. Make sure that 1.5 is checked, and the older 1.4.2 is not checked.

Thanks you so much. I was putting the minecraft folder in /library/application support under the hard drive instead of username. Works great now.

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
For the first time in ages, I'm on the server right now. It would be cool to see someone on here. Also great job to everyone who build some awesome stuff. I'll be building my hut/house/mansion or whatever in the time that I'm on.

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
U0FQvEU.png

WOW! Our uptime has been solid!

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
Server was down for a bit. We are doing some home renovation and the modem was moved. I dropped a new coax and put a Wifi->Ethernet adaptor in. It will have slower speeds and higher pings, but its up :D.

LightBulbFun

macrumors 68030
Nov 17, 2013
London UK
Minecraft on a Near stock G3 beige

in the past few days as some peeps know I have been playing on this Server and that I Have played on it using my Upgraded sawtooth and my MDD Now today I got very board and Decided Hey I got Tiger on the G3 beige Lets see what Minecraft dose on it :p Well much to my surprise it Actually launched and Ran and I connected to the server and played! Mind you the FPS never went above about 3FPS LOL the Specs of the machine are Stock apart from the RAM the Optical drive and I fitted a Rage 128 PCI so I could use my LCD VGA display with this said I think I Take the crown of Oldest Mac Running Minecraft :p

Attachments

• IMG_0353.JPG
    IMG_0353.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 169
Reactions: Amethyst1

Surrat

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2014
United States
Have some Minecraft hilarity to relay...

I have been running 1.5.1 on my powermacs, as well as my mac pro.

Recently, in a test to install windows 8.1 pro in native EFI mode, I had to reinstall my mac pro's original ATI 5770. The nvidia GTX 770 works great in it, but its not EFI, so cannot be used by windows in EFI mode.

What blew me away was the speed difference I got in minecraft. The mac pro was running it at max quality, with a 128x texture pack at 18-20fps while using the ATI 5770. Not very good, but that is a pretty weak video card. However, compared to the GTX 770, it shows just how weak it really is, the same computer, with the same settings and same version of minecraft hit 415 fps using the GTX 770. Thats over 2000% speed boost by changing to the newer video card.

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Have some Minecraft hilarity to relay...

I have been running 1.5.1 on my powermacs, as well as my mac pro.

Recently, in a test to install windows 8.1 pro in native EFI mode, I had to reinstall my mac pro's original ATI 5770. The nvidia GTX 770 works great in it, but its not EFI, so cannot be used by windows in EFI mode.

What blew me away was the speed difference I got in minecraft. The mac pro was running it at max quality, with a 128x texture pack at 18-20fps while using the ATI 5770. Not very good, but that is a pretty weak video card. However, compared to the GTX 770, it shows just how weak it really is, the same computer, with the same settings and same version of minecraft hit 415 fps using the GTX 770. Thats over 2000% speed boost by changing to the newer video card.

Honestly, if I could upgrade my HP's graphics card, I would. Minecraft runs like ****** on all my HP, PowerMac G5, and my MacBook Pro. The G5 I understand about, but the MacBook and HP are astonishingly bad.

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
Honestly, if I could upgrade my HP's graphics card, I would. Minecraft runs like ****** on all my HP, PowerMac G5, and my MacBook Pro. The G5 I understand about, but the MacBook and HP are astonishingly bad.

Man, if I were you, I'd sell the HP and build a cheap PC.

Natzoo

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Its too bad that i quit MC, otherwise i would be on your server all day. Ive made servers and one had over 30 people a day, then it was griefed by some group called team avolation 3 years ago, and then i switched to modpacks. All hosted on a 2010 mac book pro

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
This morning I had quite a dream, of this server. There were lots of players, in their clans and stuff. Most of it I do not remember, but I remember having a lot of fun and doing a lot of /world 3 and /world 0 (in the dream there was no separate inventories plugin like there is now). At the end, before I woke up, there was this player shooting at me rapidly with a bow to guard his clan of the PowerMac G5 (the PowerMac G5 on the server was inhabitated by that clan and was quite greifed up and abused :p ). I was moving back and forth to dodge the arrows (we all were flying). They were homing arrows. Then I went closer to the person and the arrows went around me but they all slowed and turned around back at me, like a boomerang, and they all were coming back to me at the same time, and I moved up over the person, and they all flew into that person and he died. HAhahahaa he shot himself. Then I said something about it in chat while in some village directly in front of the G5, and then I woke up.

Last edited:

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
. Then I went closer to the person and the arrows went around me but they all slowed and turned around back at me, like that flat L-shaped thing that you throw and it comes back at you (I forgot what that's called), and they all were coming back to me at the same time,

I think you mean a boomerang.

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
This morning I had quite a dream, of this server. There were lots of players, in their clans and stuff. Most of it I do not remember, but I remember having a lot of fun and doing a lot of /world 3 and /world 0 (in the dream there was no separate inventories plugin like there is now). At the end, before I woke up, there was this player shooting at me rapidly with a bow to guard his clan of the PowerMac G5 (the PowerMac G5 on the server was inhabitated by that clan and was quite greifed up and abused :p ). I was moving back and forth to dodge the arrows (we all were flying). They were homing arrows. Then I went closer to the person and the arrows went around me but they all slowed and turned around back at me, like a boomerang, and they all were coming back to me at the same time, and I moved up over the person, and they all flew into that person and he died. HAhahahaa he shot himself. Then I said something about it in chat while in some village directly in front of the G5, and then I woke up.

Wow, you guys really like this server :D. I'm glad :D
Also, the server went down for a bit this morning, I pulled my laptop charger out of the wall and it bumped the switch. It also seems like the PSU is failing a bit.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.