Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dragonlord666

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2011
Hi
I had a mac book pro (late 2007, running snow leopard) until last year when it died. I can't afford a new mac yet so upshot is I have a 2TB hard drive will my files on it (and a time machine back up of internal drive) that I cannot access as I'm stuck with windows 8.1 - yep, it's hell!!!

I am wondering, do any users here live near Bromley, Kent, UK (postcode BR1) or a short ride away (public transport as I don't drive) that would be willing to let me bring my drives over and see if we can copy the info to a new (windows formatted) drive?

if not I'm stuck, as I have looked into hfs+ software for windows (8.1) but it does not work, won't even see the drive, let alone access them.

another point, my internal drive on the mac just stopped with the no OS (folder with a 'no entry' sign on it) can anything be saved from this.
I'm guessing if so it will need a mac and disc utility as I'd not want to write anything to the drive (re-install snow leopard etc.)

TIA

Gaz

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.