Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moss18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2014
Looking for a app like MXTube that I can play music in the background from youtube. MXtube use to allow you to download the videos locally which was cool, if theres a feature still like this id be over the moon.

Thx,
M

dkh587

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2009
Tubex

I used to use McTube before they disabled it

Tubex is optimized for the 6 and +

moss18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2014
Works in background! Man this is great thx!

Not seeing a download feature tho correct?

palmerc2

macrumors 68000
Feb 29, 2008
Los Angeles
I've been using ProTube. Works excellent. Streamed a whole album today in the background & with the phone locked.

Plus no commercials, and a nice fluid interface.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
I've been using ProTube. Works excellent. Streamed a whole album today in the background & with the phone locked.

Plus no commercials, and a nice fluid interface.

Yes, I been meaning to buy Protube. Is it 2.99?

Just wondering whether it work like how Mctube used to do for my Iphone? cache and choose which quality.

palmerc2

macrumors 68000
Feb 29, 2008
Los Angeles
Yes, I been meaning to buy Protube. Is it 2.99?

Just wondering whether it work like how Mctube used to do for my Iphone? cache and choose which quality.

Choose quality, yes. What do you mean by cache? Do you mean able to view while offline? If so, no not anymore. It's a new rule by youtube within the last week so no app has the ability anymore. If any app still has the ability they'll be removed from the AppStore.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Choose quality, yes. What do you mean by cache? Do you mean able to view while offline? If so, no not anymore. It's a new rule by youtube within the last week so no app has the ability anymore. If any app still has the ability they'll be removed from the AppStore.

Thanks, yes i mean cache file and i already read details of last update to remove this function. Actually, u can just stay with old version if still want to cache video. I dont understand whats the deal with youtube. There are million on PC program to download video from youtube but they wont allow one on mobile.

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
I dont understand whats the deal with youtube. There are million on PC program to download video from youtube but they wont allow one on mobile.

Google want you to watch ads.

Which is understandable, they want to make money and keep Youtube running.

No idea why people use Youtube as a music player though, most streaming services offer free subscriptions now, with much better quality and a nicer interface.

moss18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2014

No idea why people use Youtube as a music player though, most streaming services offer free subscriptions now, with much better quality and a nicer interface.

I dont know of any that offer it for free while letting you choose the songs you want to listen to in a certain order or searching for a single song to listen to. The ones Ive tried that don't allow this are spotify and pandora (For free).

The only two options id like to see now are caching the songs and/or audio only playback.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012

I dont, youtube is for video. I would like to try 3d video on youtube though.

Why dont Ipad support 3D?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.