Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ARSkemp

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2011
Thanks davidnyjets, snatched a few from your list.

This is on a 6 plus:

Activator
Alkaline
Bloard
Calendar for Lockscreen
CCSettings
ColorBadges - makes badge match the predominant color of the icon
Cylinder
f.lux
Flex 2
Gliese (Winterboard theme)
HandyKey
HideMe8
HomescreenDesigner
iCleaner Pro
Icon Renamer
Iconomatic
iKeywi3
iTouchSecure for iOS 8
iWidgets
NCFold
NetworkList
OpenNotifier Beta - tateu
OpenSSH
ReachApp
ScrubRadio
ShowCase
Spin

jpetticrew

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2009
Texas
Thanks davidnyjets, snatched a few from your list.

This is on a 6 plus:

Activator
Alkaline
Bloard
Calendar for Lockscreen
CCSettings
ColorBadges - makes badge match the predominant color of the icon
Cylinder
f.lux
Flex 2
Gliese (Winterboard theme)
HandyKey
HideMe8
HomescreenDesigner
iCleaner Pro
Icon Renamer
Iconomatic
iKeywi3
iTouchSecure for iOS 8
iWidgets
NCFold
NetworkList
OpenNotifier Beta - tateu
OpenSSH
ReachApp
ScrubRadio
ShowCase
Spin
Which Alkaline theme are you running? I couldn't find any that were 6+ ready.

limitzero

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2013
What's your battery life like?

I still have ~45-50% battery life after a whole day of moderate to heavy usage

Loved your list and installed a couple #
I'm enjoying my iphone just that more thanks to you #

No problem!

Do you find that it makes you scan your thumb/finger three times every time? Is that by design or a bug? It'd be perfect if not for that.

I have not encountered such issue, might be a setting or a tweak causing this, or try removing your fingerprints and adding in new fresh fingerprints.

Would you happen to know the difference between StatusVol & StatusVol 2. The developer doesn't seem to put many screenshots.

For me both looks the same.

statusvol seemed to have more theming capabilities, never tried it myself though

-----------------

Here's some new tweaks I have added to my list which have greatly improved my battery life

NoLiveClock
NoMotion
NoTracking+
mikoto

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
This is the most jailbreak tweaks I think I've ever had installed...

Activator

Almpoum

Auxo 3

BioLockdown

CacheClearer

CameraTweak 3

CCSettings

CellularUsageOrder (reorganizes the apps under cellular usage by how much data they use)

CircleIcons (circular settings icons)

Consilium (icon theme)

DetailedBatteryUsage

EasySpring2

FrontFlash

iCleaner

Look Screen Tool (to hide the slide to unlock text)

PM, really?

PreferenceOrganizer 2

ReachApp

RoundDock

WinterBoard

Zeppelin

reeveah

Suspended
Oct 23, 2008
Mine shall be:

Vertex

LockGlyph

Speed Intensifier (screws up Chrome's Setting menu though, be careful)

Vertex

SwipeSelection

Lastly, can someone recommend a tweak for downloading YouTube videos ?

jasko

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2006
I purchased Spin after the reviews on this thread. I used it for about 2 weeks and liked it a lot. Mainly because it brought the back / play&pause / forward music controls to the bottom of the screen. This helps me when I'm driving and want to change song easier versus stretching my thumb to the top of the screen.

Anyway, after a few weeks of use, I noticed that my phone crashed a lot. A lot of random reboots. A lot of rebooting also while using Spin (skipping to the next song / back, etc.). I uninstalled the app yesterday and my phone is back seems to be back to normal without crashes.

I'm running 8.1. Anyone else experience the same problems as me?

ARSkemp

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2011
I purchased Spin after the reviews on this thread. I used it for about 2 weeks and liked it a lot. Mainly because it brought the back / play&pause / forward music controls to the bottom of the screen. This helps me when I'm driving and want to change song easier versus stretching my thumb to the top of the screen.

Anyway, after a few weeks of use, I noticed that my phone crashed a lot. A lot of random reboots. A lot of rebooting also while using Spin (skipping to the next song / back, etc.). I uninstalled the app yesterday and my phone is back seems to be back to normal without crashes.

I'm running 8.1.2 and I noticed some random springboard restarts as well. No full reboots, but disabling Spin cured it for me. Not sure if it is Spin itself or something else that is conflicting with it (other music related tweaks I have are ScrubRadio and using Activator for changing tracks).

tvotony

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2013
iOS 8.1.2 on 6+ , perfect battery life, no crashes

Not using Activator, Springtomize3 or Protean (for the moment), rather I focused on tweaks which doesn't conflict with what I use daily and more importantly battery life is not drained

accountLabels - helps label different mailboxes

BatteryUsageEnhancer - better version of detailed battery

betterFiveIconDock

BetterWifi7 (iOS7 & iOS8) [Paid] - CleverPin alternative, and great tweak for disabling passcode lock on home wifi network

BioLockDown [Paid] - Great apps for locking up certain parts of your phone

Bytafont 2 (with your choice of font, currently using San Francisco official Apple iWatch font)

CheeseCake

ClassicDock

Date in Statusbar

Eclipse 8 [Paid]

Fascy

FBNoNeedMessenger

FlipControlCenter

FolderEnhancer [Paid]

iCleaner Pro

Icon0matic

iFile

InstaEnhancer

IntelliScreenX8 [Paid]

LockGlyph

Messages Customiser

MultiIconMover

Nitrous [Paid]

NoSlowAnimations

PreferenceOrganizer2

RecentFacebook

Safe Alarm

ShowCase

StatusVol 2

SwipeSelection

Tage [Paid] - my favorite tweak, cant live without it!

Untrusted Hosts Blocker

Winterboard

Zeppelin

How are you using message customiser

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR

I have Spin installed and I am not having those issues at all. I'm on 8.1. Must be a tweak conflict

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010

No Spin crashes here either. Actually, a ton fewer crashes overall on 8.1.2/Taig than I had on 8.1/Pangu.

XianPalin

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2006
I'm using betterfiveicondock and betterfivecolumnhomescreen with no issues from repo.rpdev.info repo

jasko

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2006
I'm running 8.1.2 and I noticed some random springboard restarts as well. No full reboots, but disabling Spin cured it for me. Not sure if it is Spin itself or something else that is conflicting with it (other music related tweaks I have are ScrubRadio and using Activator for changing tracks).

Yeah I figured it was two tweaks colliding. I do use BDaySpotify, which allows premium access. Maybe that was it. In any event, unfortunately, I still have Spin uninstalled due to wanting the Spotify crack more :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.